Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Hauser wrote:
    Chalkys HSE wrote:
    It seems odd that engine oil would have zero Fuel in it...... Your not sending your samples to JLR are you Whistle

See for yourself:

More within the Facebook Group "Land Roiver Discovery 5 Owners Group"

Greets,
    Hauser

I'm not disputing the fact that there is Zero fuel in the oil, just find it odd that there wouldn't be a trace of some fuel in the sump due to the fact that some might wash down the bores in the combustion process adding lube and cooling ? or is that not how engines work any more ?

The tolerances must be microscopic, I failed to extract a sample of Oil as the sample bottle and other assosciated paperwork found it's way into the recycling ! Located this yesterday afternoon after turning the house upside down.....

Big Cry

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Bogblaster
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Chalkys HSE wrote:
    Labbix wrote:
    Chalkys, did this car have the adaptive suspension?

I dont know ? I've still got it.... how can you tell ?

The callipers on the front are huge...... i'm thinking thye'd look nice in red Whistle

I don't think you can tell if it has Adaptive Dynamics as it's always on with no switch.

However my MY19 was ordered with it and it really does stick to the road and handle well in comparison to the MY18 I had as a demo. If it goes around corners that you'd have hammered on the brakes in yours to go round with very little body roll I would say it's got it!
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Yep ! it's got it them, Thumbs Up

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Chalkys HSE wrote:
    Hauser wrote:
    Chalkys HSE wrote:
    It seems odd that engine oil would have zero Fuel in it...... Your not sending your samples to JLR are you Whistle

See for yourself:

More within the Facebook Group "Land Roiver Discovery 5 Owners Group"

Greets,
    Hauser

I'm not disputing the fact that there is Zero fuel in the oil, just find it odd that there wouldn't be a trace of some fuel in the sump due to the fact that some might wash down the bores in the combustion process adding lube and cooling ? or is that not how engines work any more ?

The tolerances must be microscopic, I failed to extract a sample of Oil as the sample bottle and other assosciated paperwork found it's way into the recycling ! Located this yesterday afternoon after turning the house upside down.....

Big Cry

Doesn't mean there's zero fuel in the oil, it just means if there is fuel it's below the lab's detection threshold. All vehicles do wash fuel into their crankcases.

My second test in about a month (another 1,000 miles on) showed no appreciable increase in FIO from my last test - it remains at around 1.5%.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Hauser wrote:
    Chalkys HSE wrote:
    There can't be.... It doesn't exist ! Whistle

Well actually I tink this might be true.
    I am reading in a facebook user group where we had some oil samples tested. All come back with 0 (yes ZERO) oil dilution. The only thing is: The car's software thinks there is oil dilution, thus the early service warning. So for the D5 3.0L it seems the car only calculates wrong and therefore wants oil service while the oil itself is good.

Different thing with the Disco Sport though: Calculation there is correct and dilution is there. How much depends heavily on the driving style.

Greets,
    Hauser

It says here 0 yes ZERO ?

That's why i thought it was odd as the very nature of the engine internals means that it would impossible to get ZERO fuel in Oil.

i dont know about you but i took that as read ? Confused

• robpenrose
    United Kingdom 

What was the logic for LR to go for the 2017 TDV6 in the D5? The single Turbo 3.0l?

I don't understand why they went single turbo, then back to twin turbo? Basically means the MY17 cars will take a missive hit on depreciation surely??

The MY18 has gone back to the D4 engine again!
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Read my other thread on on Driving Style Theory........ Good Luck.... Shocked

You should be able to pick the bones out of it,

Im not 100% but i'm pretty sure the 2019 MY is BiTurbo again, i think the 2018MY was the same as the 2017MY engine wise.

I coud be wrong of course, depending on which country you are reading this in ?

• robpenrose
    United Kingdom 

Yes, was referencing going back to the twin turbo engine from the D4 again. Are not all SDV6 in the D5 twin turbo? Cant understand why they went with a single turbo unit for one year.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Doesn't the 'S' in SD4/SD6 stand for sequential (turbo), meaning there's 2?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum