Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Yes, I've learnt from experience, that sometimes guns blazin' results in total embarrassment Embarassed
    So I try now to at least get some background info so I can have a semi intelligent discussion with the other party and then decide if they're taking the proverbial,

BUT in this instance, if the recommendation as detailed in the previous post is JLR's doctrine, it should be included in the 24 mth/second service and following schedules detail. My concern now is.. why aren't all dealers/ service providers singing from the same hymn sheet, especially if a fault develops due to lack of maintenance could be mega expensive to rectify.
    I suspect that if the true cost of servicing new cars was properly advertised, then some customers would walk away, although ultimately ALL new cars (irrespective of the purchase price) with air con will suffer the higher level costs due to the R1234yf refrigerant .

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Blackbeltbob wrote:
    Well you have gasted my flabber there.
    So they might actually have done the right thing and not been too harsh on price.
    Dam. Was getting ready for a rumble.

Many thanks for the great detail though. Fully appreciated.

Still, £250 for a top up is very steep considering the new system measures the amount needed and recovers as much of the gas as possible.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Car going in for its first service next week , so will ask the mechanic if the AC top up is included in the 5 year service plan, and will report my findings on here Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • bammmy

👍
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

The dealer did confirm that its not covered in the service plan - bit of a misnomer then I would suggest.
    They also said the brake fluid isn't either

You're right that we should take all these things into consideration. I remember when I bought my first 4x4 - a Daihatsu Fourtrack - I got prices of sundries ie brake discs, exhaust etc to see what I was getting into. I just assume now with LR to get fleeced Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Stuff like brake pads, discs, clutch, tyres, etc, general wear and tear stuff is not covered by any manufacturer as far as i am aware with regards to a service plan.

Will have to pay extra, unless its covered under warranty like the engine.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

No mention of A/C at my 2 year service, this is what they did (?)

Check condition and security of seats and seat belts.
    Check operation of all lamps, horns and warning indicators.
    Check operation of Windshield and headlight wipers and washer jets.
    Select the LOW range gears and drive the vehicle 3 to 4 vehicle lengths then re-select HIGH range gears.
    Renew pollen filter.
    Check tyre pressures, condition, tread depth, signs of uneven wear and suitability (including spare).
    Inspect brake pads for wear, calipers for leaks and disks for condition.
    Renew fuel filter element.
    Check operation of door locks, hinges, door checks, bonnet catch and fuel flap (do not lubricate).
    Check anti-freeze specific gravity.
    Check/top up coolant level.
    Replace the air cleaner element.
    Check condition of ancillary drive belt.
    Check/top-up brake fluid levels and screen washer reservoirs.
    Renew engine oil and filter.
    Clean debris from auxiliary oil cooler(s) and radiator(s).
    Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic tool, check the DEF level.
    Check for free play in all suspension and body mounting rubbers.
    Check ball joints anchors, steering system tie rods, and also the condition of the ball joints and protective boots.
    Check visually brake servo hose, brake, fuel and PAS pipes, unions and electrical harnesses for chafing, leaks and corrosion.
    Check for fluid leaks.
    Check exhaust system for leaks, security and damage.
    Check steering rod ball joint fixings and condition of ball joints, dust covers and EPAS water drain valve.
    Carry out road test.
    Re-set service interval indicator.
    Reset engine oil level indicator.
    Endorse service record.
    Report any unusual features of vehicle condition and additional work required.
    Labour cost included in scheduled time except items marked *
    If fault lamp(s) are illuminated, interrogate that system using the JLR approved diagnostic equipment and report findings.*
    Top up DEF tank.*
    Drain the DEF tank if the vehicle has covered less than 16,000 miles (26,000 km) in 2 years.*
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the details however to keep sane I shall keep what HTS said in my head Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Had the 2nd year service last week and no mention of air con or any additional charge.
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 

So my cars better than yours Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Only kidding as I can assure you it probably isnt.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

It just goes to show how inconsistent the dealers are! Thumbs Up
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Road test... ugghhh I hate the idea of a road test done as part of a service. I don’t want them driving my car Sad Big Cry

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum