Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

ICTP software S18D is available

Dealer told me today that S18D has been released, but the three cars they had installed it on had all suffered module crashes, so be warned.

The release notes below look like load of good stuff has been added and some fixes too.

https://www.ovalnews.com/2018/12/incontrol...notes.html

I'm going to leave it a few weeks and get mine booked in once LR sort the issues out Whistle
  • Labbix

I was told today new software would come in January as for now they still have too many issues. Checked my car at the dealer, and left it there... still too many bugs for my liking. Car is standing there already 2 months, every time a new case is raised with Frankfurt. One day they will have it right, let’s hope it will be in 2019
  • mse
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

My car updates it’s self frequently and is all ok, two updates in the last week
  • Labbix

Do you have the rear seat entertainment?
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I had my system updated yesterday, to S18D_18.47.5-269316, including the addition of Android Auto /Apple Carplay.

So far, so good, including rear seat entertainment.

It does now appear to try and check the internet for updates.
  • LRAviator
    United States 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I'm in the USA and had my system updated a few weeks ago. (No rear-seat entertainment in my vehicle and they did have to replace the module due to a system crash.)

I have the same version as in ravrav's screenshot above, but currently have mine set at "Software updates on" and "Unlock software updates".. I can't seem to find a manual anywhere for the new system and the buttons are somewhat counterintuitive.

I'm curious: does anyone know what the "Software updates on" and "Lock software updates" do, specifically?
  • eelpout
    United States 

well, went to the dealer and had the S18D 18.47.5 update done.

this is the first ICTP software update the car has had since I bought it two years ago (it's a '17). everything works great -except- for in call Bluetooth audio, it's a no go. tried it with various phones, one with Android (Pie), an iPhone Xs and for good measure, a Lumia Windows Phone. Wink what's weird is it works great for Bluetooth media, just not calls.

does this ring a bell with anyone for something I can try before I have to bring it back? I've tried deleting all existing phones that were saved. Speaking of which, I was kind of surprised they didn't do a factory reset before giving it back to me.. Everything is as it was, just with the new ICTP interface and features (including Apple Car Play and Android Auto).
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Try disconnecting any Android Auto / Apple Car Play device. My bluetooth sometimes fails when iPhone is connected to USB and using Car Play.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

If you have the smartphone pack and have set this up you don’t need Bluetooth for calls. All calls are managed by ACP or AA. This also means Bluetooth calls will now only work if you are not plugged into the armrest usb’s (media ports). It’s one or the other.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Craigp
    England 

You have given permission to access your phone calls and phone book haven't you and not just media. Sorry not technically minded in this field only the basics from me. Very Happy
  • eelpout
    United States 

simonh wrote:
    If you have the smartphone pack and have set this up you don’t need Bluetooth for calls. All calls are managed by ACP or AA. This also means Bluetooth calls will now only work if you are not plugged into the armrest usb’s (media ports). It’s one or the other.

are you sure about that? I could have sworn Android Auto told me that Bluetooth is needed for the audio portion of the call. And coincidentally I was just using a rental Ford Explorer last week that had Android Auto and it definitely need BT enabled for the calls to work with my Sony Xperia XZ2 phone. (Maybe Apple Car Play is different? I haven't tried that yet.)

And BTW, that's the symptom here, if I try to use the phone by touching the phone icon from the Home screen, whether it's connected to the USB port or not, it brings up a screen of a selection of phones that are already Bluetooth paired, if I touch the one that I'm currently trying to connect to, it just starts to spin on that screen. The little cell signal icon never changes from "no signal." The behavior is the same with the Android, iPhone and Windows Mobile devices I've tried.

I'm guessing something went amiss with the SmartPhone Pack when it was installed that borked the phone portion of the BT link (like I said earlier, media over BT works OK). The dealer told me since this car had never been updated since it came from the factory, they had to do 4 update sequences in a row. Took them about 5 hours. It's amazing the car even starts. Wink

BTW, is there a way for the consumer to "factory reset" ICTP? I'd be willing to try that and lose everything before having to go back to the dealer.

thanks everyone for the responses!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

When I have my iPhone connected via USB to use ACP then it does not use the bluetooth connection at all. Audio from the phone works perfectly.

The only issue I have noticed is when you disconnect the phone, bluetooth is activated again and is working for calls, but fails for media. The car seems to know the track and you can press play, but on the phone it doesn't recognise the car so phone won't play music over the BT connection.

Clicking on the red icon under the "play" button it only shows iPhone possible to direct music to, there's no option to direct music to play on the car.

I have 18D with Smartphone pack.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    When I have my iPhone connected via USB to use ACP then it does not use the bluetooth connection at all. Audio from the phone works perfectly.

I would not be shocked if they only tested Apple Car Play and not Android Auto before handing it over to me. Based on conversations with the service rep, that's primarily what their customers use and asking about AA gets a response of, "oh yeah, it has that too." Which as a Silicon Valley resident doesn't surprise me. Wink

And if that is what they did, it completely omits testing Bluetooth via phone.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

What Indus said. ACP uses the USB to route all audio.

Problem with AA is that there is a huge variety of Android OS versions around plus additionally all the modifications each phone vendor does to make their own flavour of Android.

iOS is much easier from a support point of view as the majority of handsets use the current OS. As of Nov 28th, iOS 12 has a 75% adoption rate. For Android 8 Oreo it’s 14%. Most are still running Nougat (6) or Marshmallow (7).

https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/

So for JLR, ACP is far easier to fully support and test against.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    What Indus said. ACP uses the USB to route all audio.

Problem with AA is that there is a huge variety of Android OS versions around plus additionally all the modifications each phone vendor does to make their own flavour of Android.

iOS is much easier from a support point of view as the majority of handsets use the current OS. As of Nov 28th, iOS 12 has a 75% adoption rate. For Android 8 Oreo it’s 14%. Most are still running Nougat (6) or Marshmallow (7).

So for JLR, ACP is far easier to fully support and test against.

Totally hear you about Android... but iOS (over BT) doesn't work either in my case. Razz

So I think the problem is something they neglected to clear or toggle for Bluetooth audio.

Edit: so I tried ACP with my wife's iPhone Xs and the audio with that does work, but as you said that uses audio over the cable. Just some more data for the dealer.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum