Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• G.morris87
    United States 

MURPHY108 wrote:
    Well after trying to polish out the swirls on the black trims and already managing to scratch one of the front door trims, I've had all the pillars wrapped in Xpel pain protection film.

Really pleased...you can't tell it's on and it gives the black a really deep shine , also had the sliding cup holder thingy coated as the finger prints and scratches were driving me mad.

Saw a demo of the self healing properties and it looks impressive.

Will take some pictures when it's been washed if anyone's interested Very Happy

I know I'm resurrecting a very old thread here, but I'm a new Disco V owner and, as a "car guy", obsess over every little detail! With that said, the interior piano black and the B/C pillar black plastic are killing me! Was looking into a PPF like the Xpel that you had used - after a few years, are you still pleased with the results? Any fading/peeling/detaching/unexpected maintenance you have experienced? Like yourself, I'd be looking to protect the center console trim and the exterior pillars. Appreciate any feedback greatly! Thumbs Up
  • MURPHY108
    United Kingdom 

Hi ,

Really pleased with it, the outside looks as good as the day it was fitted with no bubbles etc and cleans up really nice with a quick wipe after washing to remove any water spots.
    The centre console is ok but does seem easy to mark, having said that at least the plastic itself underneath it will be unmarked. Most people wouldn’t notice to be honest and it’s only when the light catches it that it’s noticeable that there are a few marks on it. At the end of the day it wouldn’t cost much to get the one piece replaced.

Definitely recommend it and wish I’d had all the exterior black plastic done.
  • G.morris87
    United States 

Thank you!

Genuinely appreciate your feedback on what was a pretty dated thread. I haven't yet committed to the wrap, solely because I have both, a 15mo and a 3mo old, at home and anything at all deemed unessential or personal isnt happening any time soon. Struggling to convince my wife the disco pillars are essential... Anywho, gonna try to polish them out in the mean time. Again, thank you so much for the feedback!

GM_2020 Disco V / Black on Black with black pack / 21" (LR081583) wheels added / Unfortunately, street driven only due to location
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum