Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• eelpout
    United States 

I'm in the US and had this latest 19a2 version installed yesterday. thankfully it fixed my issues with Bluetooth and Voice control. Very Happy

But, the dealer wasn't ready to turn on OTA updates just yet. Not sure whether this is a dealer decision or regional. He said maybe when I come back in the summer for a general maintenance service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

simonh wrote:
    winger wrote:

Its available even with the free account...

You need to go to account menu in TOPIx Settings and select Options. Then turn on 'Try new features of TOPIx'.

Go to the 'View all vehicle details' at top right and select 'Vehicle Software'. The option is there but shows an error for me. Maybe as I am still on 18D ?

Hmmm... this option is now no longer showing.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

The software tab was removed a few weeks ago for all I PACE users.

Perhaps JLR got annoyed with everyone asking for a SOTA update.

Possibly its related to the planned major release on/around June 13th.....

Not that the tab is that useful, your car tells you the current version, and new versions are widely published on the forums.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

What major release on June 13th?

I assume they made the SOTA activation dealer only and it was likely appearing in error for non dealer TOPIx users?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Apparently there is a major release coming to update the incontrol system, and not a incremental one like the 19a.19.11 recent update. Due in the next few weeks.

SOTA in TOPIX appearing for independent operators was an oversight, and not something that was considered. I suspect that given the number of people looking on there and then subsequently going to the dealer and asking for an update cost JLR a lot of money.

SOTA has to be enabled by JLR or a Dealer, then as updates become available you will get notified within incontrol, or do a manual software update check from within incontrol to check for and download a newer version,.

There is plenty of comments online saying JLR is testing the new update and deployment for some 5000 management vehicles.

Hopefully it comes our way soon.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Well i hope this update fixes all the issues and doesn’t introduce new ones as has been the case since forever !

Thanks for the info by the way. Much appreciated Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

So it's past the 13th of June, does anyone know anything about this new update please?

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Still no news from LR according to my dealer.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

oh god, something else for them to break when its in for a service in July!

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum