Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Over the Air updates soon?

• TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Mine is at the dealers for the next couple of days while they look at a few issues I think a software update will be applied as part of this so will be interesting to see what I end up with..
  • Labbix

FWIW: My dealer advised me yesterday not to put on 19A yet as they tried a D5 with RSE and it crashed. A new RSE slave module is ordered to see if it would rectify the problem, but for now I (have to) stay at 18D.
    So if OTA for these becomes available I would only try it during absolute warranty period of the car... as so much can go and still goes wrong with these updates.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Not sure who else did, but I had an email from LR about this yesterday. It said:

In the next few months we’ll be launching our first wireless software update for your vehicle. Software updates* provide a way of updating core software on your vehicle at your convenience in order to maintain and improve its capabilities without the need to visit a retailer.

Initial software updates cover minor bug fixes in the infotainment system to improve the performance and functionality however further releases will include updates to your Land Rover’s Telematics system. When an update becomes available, you will receive a pop-up notification on the infotainment - you can also check for updates through the Settings Menu.

In order to receive software updates, you will need this feature switched on in your vehicle. This can be done through the Settings Menu > Software Updates > On/Off - you'll also need to accept the terms and conditions.

Depending on your connectivity, there are two ways in which your vehicle can receive the update:

Through Wi-Fi connectivity
    If your vehicle is already connected to Wi-Fi, it will use your connection to download the software update prior to installation.

Through your personal SIM connectivity
    If your vehicle is not connected to Wi-Fi, it will download the software through your personal SIM.

When the 'Software Update' notification appears on your screen, you have three options available:

1. Install now – this will immediately start the download in the background, so you can continue your journey uninterrupted.

2. Remind me later – the notification will pop up again after six hours.

3. Skip update – this will remove the notification completely. If you later decide you’d like to install the update, you’ll need to do this via your settings.

Once the update has installed, you’ll receive a notification at the top of your screen. Likewise, you’ll also be notified if the download has failed.

For more information regarding software updates or for general help with trouble-shooting, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Are you currently on Version 19A?
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No idea, if I'm honest, but the dealer updated it in very early January and it gave me Apple Car Play, if that helps...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Yes then that is 19A
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I’m on 19A and have RSE and it’s absolutely fine. In fact, it is great. I also got the email from LR about the OTA updates... how exciting, almost like we’re in the 21st century or something!

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

TOPIx now has a toggle "switch" for OTA under the software section of vehicle specific details. If you try and turn it on, it crashes the website!
  • Labbix

Hi Rikster, thx for this update, good news!
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I do not have the last tab for Software? Big Cry
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

What subscription to you have Jim? I didn't do anything special to get that tab
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Just the free access. Thumbs Up
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

Embarassed
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum