↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

winger wrote:

Its available even with the free account...

You need to go to account menu in TOPIx Settings and select Options. Then turn on 'Try new features of TOPIx'.

Go to the 'View all vehicle details' at top right and select 'Vehicle Software'. The option is there but shows an error for me. Maybe as I am still on 18D ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Simon,

That works, but I just get a rotating "busy" circle when I try to turn it on.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Me too and a flash of an error message.

Probably needs latest 19A build or later to turn on. Mind you the activation can be turned on in the car so it probably doesn't matter unless a dealer or authorised repairer also is to activate it via TOPIx.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have 19A so that is not the reason, maybe still not actually working yet?
  • Labbix

Haha, even I can do it (and stil have 18D) and car doesn’t even have WiFi or hotspot or whatever internet connection, thx JLR
    So not Car specific at all nor what software is on.
    Can’t upload pics as get error...
  • Labbix

here you go Laughing
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Ah. Maybe it is then.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

So had my Disco back today with 19A, and to be fair it is much better. The screen is quicker to respond and the interface with Apple / Android auto doesn't crash. But it is not perfect, there appears to be the occasional stutter of the maps when in navigation mode, happened a couple of times, worse when apple / android auto connected.
    It also now has the option for updates online which is much better.
    My car didn't need the emissions fix
    Couple of other things I discovered also from the technician there.
    1) Media Hard Drive (down loading music etc) only exists on some models, I have the HSE with In Control Pro, but this model doesn't have it ! completely misleading in the LR Handbook and Brochure
    2) I have the webasto pre-heat (both avail on petrol and diesel) with the key fob which wasn't working since collection, turns out it hadn't been programmed at the factory, which was also missed at PDI. Its all working now. Worth having checked if your fob doesn't do anything
    3) The trims on the rear pillars under the boot lid are as flimsy as ever, if yours are wobbling off, LR will replace under warranty (see pic)
    4) Air con valves were leaking very slightly, the whole pipe had to be replaced, it was barely noticeable but 50% of refrigerant had gone, if you unscrew the cap you might just see it slightly bubbling out
    5) Ability to adjust 2nd row seat heat from front screen not possible unless HSE Lux
    6) Front heated seats, I complained they didn't feel hot enough they agreed and changed the seat heater pads, on level 3 they should get to 35 degrees C
    Fair play to the dealer, lent me a 68plate disco for the week and really have addressed everything so far ! But you do have to push a little, but having done so they have done a good job

2019 HSE LUX
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Well S.19A... I would say it's better.

My SIM card (mobile connection) get's switched off all the time or won't activate at all. And they didn't fix the axle info screen (4x4i). Sad
    S18.D worked better for me.

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

18D for me has killed the phone audio when connected via CarPlay. Works fine if CarPlay not connected and use the phone via the Bluetooth connection.

Music, Siri, iPlayer etc all work fine so audio is being routed via USB ok. Just not for the phone.

My data SIM has randomly disconnected a few times but now seems stable.

Booked in for 19A now to see if this works.

I am flabbergasted JLR still haven’t managed to get ICTP to work reliably after all this time. They seriously need someone who can project manage it better and perhaps allow some users to test in in the real world before releasing any updates.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Hauser wrote:
    And they didn't fix the axle info screen (4x4i)

I haven’t even looked at this recently. Will check out what I see and let you know.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Yup. Mine is not as it was either. Just white posts and floating lint caps. No indication suspension movement at all.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Someone found the solution on how to activate it on the topix page! Smile

The car needs to have an active WiFi OR 4G connection when you press the SOTA button. It will take 5 mins and then work. Smile

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Do you mean, 5 mins of the circle rotating?

I have tried it and a error flashed up for a second and then the rotating circle.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum