Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Phase 4 media / nav update

The car is in the nice new LR Guildford service centre getting phase 4 and some other warranty bits today. Just been called with them needing to keep it until tomorrow. The first time they attempted to install the new software it crashed at 3 hours. Fairly normal?

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Labbix

All normal Wink
  • Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Before you drive it away check the InControl App connects with the car and gives you live, up to date info like mileage etc.', mine didn't and needed another dealer visit to re-activate it and connect it to the InControl Server.
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 

Didn’t get to drive it away. Day two and it didn’t work. Was described as your radio and screen aren’t working just now, so they have given me an Evoque for the weekend. This isn’t very promising!

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 

And day three... now awaiting technical advice from Land Rover. Still in the garage.

• Labbix

Don’t want to be nasty, but a lot of us have had the same, so quite normal... it shouldn’t be though, but the good thing is that they will sort it out. And yes, other makes may not have these issues, but they don’t offer that many updates either to their clients (except Tesla). And they don’t always sort their problems out either. I was given a fine reduction on a Q7, because they couldn’t/wouldn’t fix a problem with my sunroof, so the best they had to offer was a reduction on a new one... not always what you want. It seems to be endemic to all ‘upmarket’ car manufacturers these days.
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 

Indeed. I’ve had neighbours with X5s and Q7s similarly electronically bust from time to time. I’m not so having a go as observing that LR seem to be great at producing love hate cars. We’ve had Discoverys for many years and they are brilliant, but if only LR set the standard a bit higher internally on nav (and some other things) before releasing to production, they could save themselves and their dealers a lot of time and money.

End of day 3, on my way to pick up a LR Assist car! Let’s see how long it takes.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Does make you wonder about how wise it will be to try an 'Over the air' update on your own driveway when those start rolling through shortly...!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • hocks172
    England 

Maybe with over the air updates they can do more smaller updates rather than one large one at the dealership?
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 

Day 4 - still at the dealers.

Interesting facts about LR Assist:

1. They will give you whichever car they have in stock locally. In this case it’s an Evoque and I find myself liking the sharp handling, but disliking the slow to change and get going gear box.

2. If you explain that you will need a bigger car and/or tow bar at the weekend if your car is still away, they get into ‘we don’t do swaps’. But if you then get into, ‘that’s fine, I will just hire something and invoice you’ territory, they suddenly will start to search for a swap for you.

Interestingly (perhaps not) service from LR Assist doesn’t feel in tune with the £60k car. Many of their staff seem to be a little abrupt and prone to putting you on hold for ten plus minutes, even with me struggling to be super polite. Anyone else experienced that same undertone? The LR Assist concept is a good one though.

Bets on when they will finish doing the software update?

• Labbix

With my car it took a week Wink
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

If it had been kept up to date by LR as a matter of course then it would not be such a problem.
    I am sure that some of the updates probably only work if the previous versions had all been applied sequentially.
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 

I suppose they will fix it sometime or other. Reflecting on other conversations, glad it’s warrantied up to four years old.

• maffffster
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

I picked up my (new to me) car of Friday and the 3hr update crashed, we waited around for 2 hours and it crashed again. So I ended up taking the car and LR have offered to come and collect my car and leave me with another one (maybe i should make sure its got a tow bar) while they do the update - sounds like it could be a weeks job lol
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 

It will be a week tomorrow

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum