Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• paulmacatessex
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Lux Aintree Green

SIM card holder - removal

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum so I’m not sure the process but I hope this request works.

I need help in replacing the SIM card holder on D5. I recently purchased a SIM card and on inserting into the D5, note it is not reading the card. On inspection, the card holder appears damaged on the inside and I now wish to replace it.

Can anyone provide any information/steer on how I can remove the motherboard (I assume) to replace it with a new one. I have toiled with booking it into the garage but it’s something I feel I can do fairly easily provided I can get a steer on how to remove the template facia that has the 12v, usb and SIM card applications on it. No doubt it’s a straight swap when removed (provided I can get the replacement part) but I’m struggling to identify how to get the facia off?

Any steer or help would be welcomed?

Thank you
    Paul
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Assume your D5 is in warranty still so it's a dealer job. The new panel will need registering with the D5. I had mine replaced and it didn't work at first they told me until they discovered it had to be registered to the VIN. I guess this is to stop retro fit of the panel once the car has left the factory... ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • paulmacatessex
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Lux Aintree Green

Simon,

Many thanks -I was unaware of requirement to register. Bought car in April 19 so warranty still valid and fortuitously, I have a first service in two weeks time - ideal to replace damaged SIM card holder (internal damage).

Appreciate the steer.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

No problem. Yes, best leave it to the dealer to fix.

I didn't think it'd need activating on the car but apparently so...

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

If you really want to do it, I've got the instructions of how to take the centre console apart to get to things. It's a bit of a PITA to do!

Note to admins: We could do with somewhere on the forum to upload files e.g. PDF's from topix that can be used for reference.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Giotest
    Australia 

Yes please! Could you please share, doing mine this weekend.

Gio
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum