Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Had a new OTA update today ...it arrived on Monday I think but I only remembered to install it today. Anyone else had it and know what differences there might be? Smile
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Got it about a week ago and see others have too. 19C. Can't ssy that I've noticed any change at all yet.
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

When in for a new windscreen last week they did a recall labelled SOTA... and moved it along to 19C at the same time. The recall might explain why it was stuck on 19a previously, even though it was showing the 19b upgrade available.

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

SOTA needs to be both enabled to send and also to receive.

The cars have had the receive capability for a while but each VIN needs to be enabled b.y the dealer on the JLR system.

Sounds like they have just done yours, so in future you will get a message to update in the same way as you now receive a message about map updates.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

My version for Incontrol Touch Pro is 19c. Updated 27/12/19
    Press the settings symbol (2 gears) towards the right side bottom of the home screen, then all settings (one gear) then Software Update for update info. On the same screen in a box lower down it displays the wording Vehicle Software and Vehicle Connectivity system, neither of these lines of text respond to touch. Car was in park with engine running.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I updated mine today as well. Not to my knowledge was SOTA enabled for my VIN by the dealer, I certainly didn't ask them.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • PaulP
    Spain 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Mine finally got the update yesterday.

Really a smooth update procedure. I was expecting it to break at least a couple of times and nothing. I was almost disappointed! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

I also recently updated to 19C.

I did note in the top left of the central display next to the seat heat/cool indicators and 4g signal strength a down arrow with under bar to indicate that a software update was available.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Update not working

I just responded to the screen message telling me there was an update to the Incontrol Pro by pressing the start button. The download process seemed to take an hour, after which it said ‘installing software’. And there it’s sat for the last 24hours!! It may be my WIFi was too weak where I parked the car or it may be the current software version being only 18C has confused it?. Or maybe I have screwed up......

1) Should the engine be running or ignition be on when installation is proceeding? Seem to remember I went for a drive when doing map update to stop the ignition switching itself off.
    2) If it’s not just waiting for the engine/ignition to be on, it’s ‘locked up’. How do I unlock it and start the download again?

Suggestions please?

Thanks
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I tried mine on house wifi, it had a strong signal, but just sat there after it started the download. I left it over night all switched off. The next day used the phone as a hotspot whilst driving and it downloaded the update easily.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Ok....mine got a little further as downloading was completed and it went onto installing.

Ive disconnected the WiFi connection and after a while it unfroze itself. I’ve got a SIM card in the car so I am restarting the download via that. If it still takes too long I will try using the phone hotspot which has stronger 4G signal tomorrow ....3rd time lucky maybe.

Thanks
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Duplicate post
  • eelpout
    United States 

it’s kind of a mystery to me on what timetable their updates are actually installed. the downloads finish and then it says installing for like two days in my experience. I think it has to do with how long the car is “asleep” before it actually starts the patching.
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Perhaps we need to rename the thread to... 19c now available Whistle

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum