Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

When I’ve managed to get it installed ...maybe 😂

The second attempt failed. This is really weird.
    It says it’s downloaded but sits at the installing stage.

The car won’t allow the installation to proceed when driving. I get the message telling me the car has to be in Park. After switching to park at every traffic light on todays journey the installation restarted and stopped all the way. Finally it just stopped. It didn’t say Completed or anything to say it had been successful installed. It just stopped the display ‘installing’ .

When I went back to the software menu it showed ‘Update check’. When I hit the button this time it said ‘no updates available’. For a moment I assumed it had completed the task...yet the top line of the screen told me the version was still the old one, the same as when I started!!

So I am now mystified and frankly peed off. All this parked faffing about over several days nearly exhausted the car battery!

May have to return to dealer with tail between legs. Sad
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Wolfpack wrote:

The car won’t allow the installation to proceed when driving. I get the message telling me the car has to be in Park. After switching to park at every traffic light on todays journey the installation restarted and stopped all the way. Finally it just stopped. It didn’t say Completed or anything to say it had been successful installed. It just stopped the display ‘installing’ .

When I went back to the software menu it showed ‘Update check’. When I hit the button this time it said ‘no updates available’. For a moment I assumed it had completed the task...yet the top line of the screen told me the version was still the old one, the same as when I started!!

So I am now mystified and frankly peed off. All this parked faffing about over several days nearly exhausted the car battery!

Same for me. Still 19B but apparently up to date. Previously updates have gone without a hitch.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • eelpout
    United States 

gavinadams wrote:
    Here’s the faq on the LR website
    https://www.landrover.com.au/ownership/software-update.html

Ah the doors need to be locked for certain components to update. That could explain things as I never lock it in the garage. Thanks for posting that!
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

STOAT wrote:
    Wolfpack wrote:

Same for me. Still 19B but apparently up to date. Previously updates have gone without a hitch.

Mine is MY17 HSE as well. Maybe it’s a legacy issue....not behaving the same as more recent MY models on this update? Programmers eh? Rolling Eyes
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

STOAT wrote:
    Wolfpack wrote:

That’s what I had. When at the dealers before Christmas they did an SOTA recall which cured and moved me to 19C

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Crazy thing is ...the screen clearly stated the update was successful and displays today’s date (yes I did it again today for 3rd time) as ‘last updated on 13/1/2020’. Yet the screen top line (version number) hasn’t changed.

Question: is there a distinguishing feature that’s uniquely attributed to 19C....different from previous versions?

Don’t want to have to visit the dealer unless I need to do so. Then again if it’s no different to previous versions...there would seem to have been little point updating in the first instance? Wink
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

my 2017 HSE starngely wouldn't download on home wifi, but did on mobile phone hotspot. It didn't instal until I had locked the car and left it overnight however.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

Anyone else having issues with the latest update? my car updated last week and since then i have experienced numerous glitches as follows...

Pull up, turn engine off, radio continues as usual but when i open door it does not turn off. I can get out, close the door and lock the car and the radio is still playing. This is happening about 1 in 10 stops.

Start up car and the land rover logo hangs permanently, radio works and if i use hard keys i can get to the menus. this has happened 3 times this week.

Start up the car put into reverse camera takes more than 30seconds to come on. Happened 2 times this week.

Think i need to make a call to the dealers Confused

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Now you mention it....
    I’ve had screen stay black for a long while when starting up and reverse camera does seem slower to light up. I just had the car serviced and was starting to wonder if ‘they’ did something. Watch this space?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum