Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Road Runner, contact Land rover Customer Experience Centre, as that is not what my understanding of the wording on bulletin N377.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Just reading my emails now, and this is the reply from the dealer this afternoon. Aaaarrrggghhh Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

Buy a one hour subscription to TOPIx and print off N377!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Trevorb1 and Winger, thanks guys Thumbs Up

Just rang customer services who have looked at Topix, and said it is free with the 19B update. It should already be installed in the car. (I will have a look tonight once the Mrs is back from work).

They are trying to get in contact with my dealer and query why they are adamant in charging me for it, even though its FOC?

So fed up, as its now turning into a complete and utter farce, and a waste of time. Am seriously questioning if its worth the hassle as at this rate will have a new car in 18 months time, and am seriously thinking of leaving the brand for good now.

If they can't get something as simple as this sorted, then I don't have any faith when it comes to them servicing the car.

More interested in leaving the dash cams disconnected, with the wires hanging loosely and not even having the decency to reconnect them.

If that's the level of sloppy workmanship, I dread to think about the number bolts they have forgotton too tighten properly.

Rant over Victor Meldrew Censored

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Mrs sent the photos below during her lunch break today. Mysteriously the apple and android tiles have both appeared now after the phone call I made this morning to LR Customer Care, who then phoned the dealer.

Email also received from LR Customer Centre saying that the dealer won't charge for the apple carplay.

I dont even think LR Customer Centre know what's going on, as even the person I spoke to said it's part of the 19B smartphone pack.

Not had an email from the dealer, so am waiting in anticipation to see what they are going to do.

Are they going to take the car back and reinstall it??

My only gripe is that they were adamant that it was not a FOC update, and if so would they have charged me, as I had no proof beforehand Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 11th Oct 2019 9:27 pm. Edited 2 times in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 11th Oct 2019 9:37 pm. Edited 2 times in total

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 11th Oct 2019 9:39 pm. Edited 2 times in total

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Enough, enough we get it!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Jimbg, I have the patience of a saint, but this episode of the Keystone Cops has really peeved me off, as just being going around in circles.

I just don't want anyone else going through all the rigmarole and time wasting that I have endured over this last week.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Sorry I was referring to the 3 identical posts that have now disappeared and become one now. Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

No need to apologise Jimbg. I assumed you were on about my novel length rant Laughing

It's me who should be apologising, to everyone, who are probably sick to the back teeth of my rants and long posts.

However if 1 person benefits on here, then I think its been worthwhile Thumbs Up

(I see Telstone is also getting shafted to the tune of £250 for the supposed free update) Shocked

I only realised afterwards, that you were referring to the duplicate posts, so I just ended up putting up the photos the Mrs sent yesterday where the duplicate posts were. I don't know how I ended up posting it 3 times Rolling Eyes

I am guessing that the apple carplay has now affected my phone and causing the duplicate issues Rolling with laughter

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

All this is making me think I'll stick with the version i have 18 something and not book in for the SOTA to be turned on.

It is a trauma every time i soeak to a dealer let alone have to visit.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

It's coronory inducing tbh. At this rate I won't even see the big four zero Sad

In comparison my own car dealer is such an enjoyable chilled out relaxing experience Very Happy

• Telstone
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Car booked in with the dealer tomorrow for in control delays/fails - see how I get on,I have also mailed L/R customer service just had a reply asking for VIN number.
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

I had SOTA enabled a month or so ago when on 18 something. A day or so later it popped up saying 19A was available and I let it install that.

Shortly after I had the Smartphone Pack installed (paid for). All went well apart from my Data usage going through the roof but that's another thread.

Now it refuses to go past 19A, keeps telling me its up to date? I've been checking it for days.

I still think there is a lot of confusion surrounding the Smartphone pack not helped by ambiguous emails. Some of them read that 19B is a free upgrade (no surprise there) and if you already have the Smartphone pack then it gets upgraded at the same time. Other emails suggest its part of 19B - which it actually is to be fair, but it might not get activated unless you pay!

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Smartphone pack is free with the 19b upgrade, if you've already paid for it, ask for a goodwill gesture from the dealer, if they wont play ball contact the Customer Experience Centre about a refund.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum