Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RDR
    United Kingdom 

Been going through this with our d5 got this back today and sent to dealer who hasn’t been playing ball no response yet!

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Hi all,

Does anyone running this update have the parking assist blue square working as it should.

E.g once enabled and speed goes above 20mph, the square goes, come back when speeds lowers and doesnt disable itself overnight?

Thanks

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • Labbix

Blue square? I have latest software but NO Apple CarPlay and all working as it should. But never seen a blue square...
  • Labbix

Sorry, my mistake, my Lux didn’t come with park assist at all... so can’t verify.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

JackNorris wrote:
    Hi all,

Does anyone running this update have the parking assist blue square working as it should.

E.g once enabled and speed goes above 20mph, the square goes, come back when speeds lowers and doesnt disable itself overnight?

Thanks

Park Assist being the surround parking sensors? I am runnign Adroid Auto rather than Apple Car Play, It did work fine, however currently front parking sensors go off showing instant red below about 7 MPH about 90% of the time. I have thus resorted to turning off the front parking sesnors. First time it happened dealer reported back as "no fault found"

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Hi

I mean the one in the dash that shows arrows as your drive of spaces you would fit in Thumbs Up

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

so for the car to self park?

if so, I've never tried it, but nothing automatically pops up

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The symbol that displays automatically to indicate a suitable space can be switched on and off from the menu.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

well after 14 months ownership, I must go look for that in the menus...never knew that

• TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

CONFUSED

HELP! I think I've lost the plot with these ICTP updates ... Confused Confused
    Mine currently has S18B-18.24.4-188194 installed.
    I do not have SOTA although it is listed on ToPix for my vehicle. (N347)

Contacted my dealer today and was told to bring in the car for the N347 which would take 2 hours.

I asked about Apple Car Play being included with 19B and he said he had no idea what 19B was.
    Tried to explain that it was a later version of the ICTP software but he said that wasn't on ToPix for my vehicle and that if I wanted Apple Car Play I'd have to pay for it.

So what's the definitive answer - does anyone know for a fact - as I am a bit confused by the threads in here

Also, I keep seeing people referencing bulletin N377. What is this? it's not on my ToPix screen

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Just get them to update you to 19B which is the latest.

Here is the info about SOTA and Smartpack.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/soft...grade.html
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Apple carplay and android is definitely free, with the 19B update, even though the dealer emailed to say its chargeable.

Like yourself ours is also an MY18 model. I dont see why it should make a difference, irrespective of it being an MY17, or an 18. It should be free for everyone!!

I have posted email reply from LR saying its free, a few posts back.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

How long does the update take using SOTA?
  • bammmy

Around 20 mins, but you do not get any visual indication where it’s up to till it’s finished.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Was that using 4G?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum