Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• bammmy

Yes, itā€™s not a huge filešŸ‘
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Great, I will fire it off in the morning.

Cheers
    Jimbg
  • eelpout
    United States 

hmm, I'm in the US and according to the update page it says Software updates are on, but says no updates are available and I'm stuck on 19A. Wonder if they are regionally holding it back.

BTW, anyone else with a MY2017 and a Samsung phone out there with text messaging working with InControl? I get nada in that area with the phone (I received the Android Auto/Apple Car Play pack back in the Spring).
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

When you say update page, do you mean in the car?
    If so, then that just means you are able to receive updates.

You need the dealer to turn on the sending ability from JLR, so when you initiate a request in the car then the JLR site recognizes your VIN and starts the download.
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

jimbg wrote:
    Just get them to update you to 19B which is the latest.

Here is the info about SOTA and Smartpack.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/soft...grade.html

Thanks jimbg Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Now that JLR webpage makes sense Surprised

Booked the car in next week to do the outstanding bulletin N347 - say it will take a couple of hours (but that does include a free wash & valet)

My other (more local) dealer says they need it for 4 to 5 hours on a weekday, told them to Whistle

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • eelpout
    United States 

jimbg wrote:
    You need the dealer to turn on the sending ability from JLR, so when you initiate a request in the car then the JLR site recognizes your VIN and starts the download.

yeah. I've contacted them but haven't heard back yet.

they were very reluctant to turn on the updates when I had 19A installed earlier this year (I asked for that). Likely because they told me sooo many people came back for service from update problems in general.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

got an email from the master technician at my dealer today. The software updates are definitely deployed to vehicles in batches, they can see mine will be updated this week. Now, they may have bumped me up the queue (if they can) because I've been voicing my displeasure but its definitely not a big bang deployment for SOTA updates.

They told me if it hasn't updated by next weekend bring it in and they will do it.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Just got an email from the dealer asking to book the car in for apple carplay, 11 days after LR emailed me saying it was free and the dealer would install it.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 22nd Oct 2019 12:08 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360Ā°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

So slow in replying Rolling Eyes

Must be using the cars infotainment system for email correspondence Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360Ā°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Vehicle was in Lookers Chelmsford for the N347 campaign
    Got it back and SOTA isn't working Big Cry
    ICTP still on S18B-18.24.4

/RANT
    Just WTF are you meant to do to get this f***ing.thing done !!
    You never get to see a LR Tech at Lookers they won't let anyone near them.
    Bl**dy know-it-all smug b***ard service receptionists sitting behind their counter seem to know absolutely sweet f*** all about anything.remotely connected to Land Rover.

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Crazy, they do not even need your car to enable it!

18B is late enough to have the update facility I think? If so, ask for the master technician to do it for you.

I must admit it took several phone calls to my dealer before they finally did it for me.

No way was I going to make a 70 mile round trip to get it done. Thumbs Up
  • klinkhammer
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Booked in to have this done on Friday, then hopefully no more 80 mile trips for software updates. Am I being to optimistic?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

What version do you have at the moment? If you have the software update option then a visit is not required.

SOTA enabling does not need the car to be presen if you have a version in the car that has the option.

It has been around awhile but just enabled to send.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Anyone know the earliest version that has it so just needs the dealer to turn it on?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I think it might be 18C? Need some one with an older version to see if the software update option is there.

What version are you on, or have you been "done"! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum