Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rasko
    Azerbaijan 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Santorini Black

AEB and LDW not available

After replacement of the windscreen and the AEB camera calibration of IPMA passed successfuly, but now getting an error message: AEB and LDW not available. Anybody know how solve this issue?
    P.S. I have JLR original VCI and Pathfinder software.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Have you checked that the Lane Departure Warning, and AEB has not been switched off, or reset itself?

Is it an MY17 you have, or an MY18 onwards?

You can access the settings in the menu, from the left side stalk, if you have the digital dash. (MY18 onwards).

Am not sure how you would access the menu if you have the analogue dash though? (MY17).

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • rasko
    Azerbaijan 

Dear Road Runner 2017,

Yes, i have MY17 car with analog dash. On left side of panel availible sensor switch to activate LDW. But no effect when push on switch, also if from menu switch OFF AEB i can not ON again, need set ignition OFF and ON.. Many information about thats issue but no any solution.
  • Labbix

I suppose you need a software update or at least a re-install.
    Mine had it as well and that’s what solved it, but have a MY18
  • rasko
    Azerbaijan 

Dear Labbix,

I checked software via Pathfinder, it is latest version.
    I think for dynamic calibration need special place, will try do it this weekend outside of the city where road with road lines are better.
  • Labbix

Ok, good luck as I have no idea otherwise...
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Same as Labbix,
    MY18, software update sorted it.
    Had same issues AEB not available etc.
    Not sure if the MY17 needs additional updates or patches.
    A trip to the dealers am afraid. Keep us updated Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • rasko
    Azerbaijan 

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. The problem was that on factory settings the mark points for AEB plastic frame on the windscreen was indicated wrongly. After manually moving down for about 1 cm and after calibrating successfuly the AEB system was activated and all system errors disappeared. Thanks once again for help and if someone meets the same problem should consider this issue and there are many requests on the web about it and no solution by far.
    P.S. the JLR original windscreen was around $2000 in my country with import, taxes and installation. And Chinese costed me $200 all included and no difference accept this problem.
  • Labbix

Good to hear you have it sorted!

One remark regarding the non-genuine windscreen; I was always told to stick with the original ones because of the working of the airbags, specifically the passenger one. As the windscreen is supposedly tested to withstand the impact of the airbags if deployed. With the non-genuine windscreen this cooperation is not guaranteed. This info came not from JLR, but from Volvo.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum