Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Cuprat
    England 

Traffic update not available

Hi

Got my new to me Disco and whilst I can sign in to the in control website ok (so I assume my password is fine ) and use the Remote app, I constantly get a message that says traffic update not available.

It was working when I got the car set up and I have a Sim in there which is still working ok. On starting the car it gives me a welcome message (Hello CupraT) which looks as if everything is okay.

That said, Iโ€™m not sure when I go into the navigation settings that it is signing in correctly as I get a message saying there is a problem at our end please try to sign in later.

Any ideas how to fix this as it is currently the only niggle I have with the car!

Thanks in advance for any help
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Watching with interest, I have the same issue. Bow down
  • Whippetman
    England 

Mind of its own then sometimes decides to work but I rely on Waze app which is better and free Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • iainks123
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

My navigation generally works well with the SIM installed but occasionally isn't available because there is no 4G signal when this happens the network symbol top left of screen turns red & line through it.

Occasionally it prompts me to sign in again no idea why just quirk of LR system..

I would call LR customer service as I'm sure they can check there end see if you are logging in ok or reset it.

You could also maybe try changing connectivity to hotspot off your phone see if that works..

Iain
  • Cuprat
    England 

Thanks. I will ring Land Rover and post back what they say. I canโ€™t access the Internet either which is odd. Sim is definitely working.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

When you say it is working, do you mean you have 3G or 4G displayed in the top left corner of the screen?
  • Cuprat
    England 

Hi

I have 4g showing in the corner
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

You can easily eliminate if it is the SIM not pulling data by browsing a web page or updating the weather. In the All Settings menu there is a section called connectivity and mobile data needs to be turned on. That your screen shows 4G suggests it already is. Or you could connect to your house WiFi and see if traffic then comes in (and other data). If it does, the implication is your SIM card isnโ€™t getting data from the network provider.

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I also have this issue and have tried two SIMs. The issue persists with both.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I have emailed LR twice about this in the last 2 weeks. The auto response message says they will get back to me in 2 days. I've heard nothing. Absolutely disgraceful service from a company that was happy to take ยฃ70k for a new car.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Cuprat
    England 

They have replied to me... both times to ask for a screenshot though! Iโ€™ve given them the details but not had any response since.

Good luck getting your issue sorted and I will update if I get a resolution
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Well it is definitely working, have you guys tried connecting to WiFi?
    Either your home or your phone as a hotspot?
  • eelpout
    United States 

Whippetman wrote:
    Mind of its own then sometimes decides to work but I rely on Waze app which is better and free Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

as long as you don't mind showing up on Sundar's radar. he's watching you. Wink

i'd echo others and try Wi-Fi if you can and eliminate the SIM connection as a possible cause. also, and I'm not sure if this is necessary or not, make sure you are logged into your LR InControl account in the interface.
  • Cuprat
    England 

Thanks for the suggestions.

I canโ€™t log into my account. I get this message when I try
  • Cuprat
    England 

Attached

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum