Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Has anyone got o the bottom this? I am about to blow a fuse with the inability of LR Customer Assistance who say they have spoken to the "technical people" and who say the car has to be booked in!! They have told me that InControl isn't working and that I am not connected to the car.....but I am!!

What I have found, which may be the root cause, is that when registering the car on the Here web page, the VIN finds the car and it says all is well but when I look back at the Here page, the car has vanished and it says that no cars are registered.

If you are having these problems, could you please look at whether Here is retaining your car's registration?

I am also bending the ear of the dealer so any additional information would be useful.

Thanks

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Cuprat
    England 

Hi- I’m not sure what here is but if you can point me in that direction I will check

I’ve chased land rover this morning as I’ve had no resolution on this - they are not great at coming back to me!

Ps I don’t think this is a hardware issue. My car worked ok when I got it, then stopped when they removed my other car from my account. I sold that car.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

You register here on HERE!!

https://www.landrover.here.com/#home/0
  • Cuprat
    England 

Thanks Smile

I had don’t that before and all looks ok on there. Vehicle registered.

Only journey showing though is from pre my problems starting.
  • Cuprat
    England 

Thanks Smile

I had don’t that before and all looks ok on there. Vehicle registered.

Only journey showing though is from pre my problems starting.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Can you send a destination to your car from there?

If so it would be interesting to see if your receives it.
  • Cuprat
    England 

So the Land Rover remote App knows where my car is but the here thing does not have the correct location. It has a location I was at 7 weeks ago.

I can’t get it to send the directions
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

When I had this with my previous car, I had to delete the account and make a new one.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The first box is always wrong if you have no GPS in your laptop, or whatever you are using.
    Just delete that box .

HERE are the providers of the maps for the sat nav system and it is here that you get updates.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

my app has been wrong since January, it insists the car is 100 miles form home. Have cleared history, cleared cache, deleted app (following which the first time I logged in it hd the correct location) but still it shows the car where it was parted in January 2019.

Can't get it to work no matter what, since if you try a new destination it says the car is too far away to walk to so will not accept the location. Sums up most of the LR software really

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

As I posted above if you delete the walking part it should work.
  • Cuprat
    England 

So, I can send a destination to the car. The car Route planner thinks The car is in Scarborough (80 miles away)

The incontrol app knows where the car actually is and remote start etc works ok

I can’t sign into live - says problem at their end

I can’t use the car as a hotspot

Periodically the car asks me to sign in (knows my username) but says the password is wrong. Same password works on incontrol and the here thing

I have a 4g data connection showing and SIM card is working fine in my tablet

Everything worked until Land Rover removed my old car (after 3 reported thefts ...it was at the dealers then) from the account
  • Cuprat
    England 

So had another play today and connected to the house WiFi

Couldn’t get traffic, sign in or use the web browser

Convinced this is profile rather than connection related
  • PhilG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Santorini Black

I am having the same issue on my 2018 Disco,

I have bee told by the LR Customer Relations that this is due to the Vehicle Shared Secrets ( I kid you not, this is what she called it) not being set up or requiring to be reset. So I asked for the info to be sent to me by email a copy of which follows.
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    Email from JLR
    With reference to our telephone conversation on the 9th January 2020

I can now confirm as advised by our technical team that following previous checks and action that currently the error messages showing of "there is a problem at our end please try again β€œ usually indicates there is a problem with the Vehicle Shared Secrets (VSS). We have checked our internal database, and can see that VSS appears has never been performed on the vehicle, which will have an impact on you using the LIVE features.

It is therefore recommended that you now book your vehicle in to your local retailer for the VSS to be completed. Upon testing if still having concerns it will be necessary for the retailer to raise this with our technical team direct.

As discussed please confirm when your vehicle is booked in to Peter Vardy Aberdeen and I will speak to them at this time.

Yours sincerely

Paula Brown
    Customer Solutions Executive
    UK Customer Experience Centre
    Tel 01926 691842
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

I booked my car into Peter Vardy who told me that the Incontrol needed to be updated to the newest version and they would get that done and see if that would fix the problem. I sent a message back to Paula advising her that the car was booked in. Left the car with Peter Vardy on Thursday and got it back later that day with a new updated Incontrol system BUT no internet access etc. I asked if anyone from JLR had called them about the issue as Paula had promised and surprise surprise, no one had called them. The service dept is now going to call JLR and get back to me next week to book it in again once they have spoken with JLR, as it seems that the VSS can only be updated by JLR while it is hooked up to the dealers system.

Ill let you know what happens.

Phil
  • Rallyevo3
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

My guess it needs a new telematics module
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum