Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Cup Holder Charger - iPhone x

Has anyone got either the wireless cupholder charger, or the wired one for the iPhone (VPLRV0119). I would like to know how it works with the iPhone X.

I am also interested in the install, I presume it is just a small hole to pass the power cable to plug into the USB feed in the "secret" compartment. Seems a lot to pay over £100 for the install.

Found the instructions, this may be useful to others, it was not obvious to find.

http://accessories-instructions.landrover.com

The install is a bit of a bodge, the USB needs a cutout drilling and loops through into the panel with the SIM, USB's and HDMI.

I thought the one in the secret compartment would be neater, EDIT but just figured that one is charging only, and the one in the console connects to ICP. Not sure I would be bothered and would be happy just to charge.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

I would be interested to

Understood if was too small for iPhone 6/7/8plus phones

I currently use a belkin wireless charger in the car for my iPhone X
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

VPLYV0124 Will hold a phone up to 73mm wide and supports qi charging
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i was wondering the same thing, but i was also thinking... does the phone need to be plugged in so that the music streaming works or other features? or does it all work via Bluetooth? (i would very much expect it to work via Bluetooth)

i'm guessing that for those who have the inControl (pro) and a sim card you can just stream directly with your Spotify etc.. but for those of us who are stripped from such features (see my other post regarding the features removed because of 'market availability') being able to stream from the phone is a must.

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Music can still be streamed via Bluetooth

A usb connection is required for the incontrol apps to function
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

You'll get better quality via the Lightening / USB port and also Album art.

I notice the Music Search is very limited on the ICTP system compared to the standard 8" system I had in the DS. No way to select by letter groups ! You have to scroll through everything !

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

i'm guessing that if you have the sim card you'd get album art etc anyways?
    not that it matters to me as i don't get that luxury Censored i don't see how music quality would be affected as Bluetooth is used widely for wireless headphones etc...

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

The music is compressed to get it over the limited bandwidth bluetooth offers. Most won't hear the difference I guess. Over the USB connection you are getting the full data rate the music was stored at.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

i understand what you mean, though BT has come a long way... tbh i very much doubt most ppl would be able to tell the difference.
    what i meant though was that it's not like with the cable it's going to be super crisp sound and via Bluetooth it's going to sound bad and crackling.

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Of course not Wink

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I am not too bothered about the Apps and use the media library rather than my phones so sound quality doesn’t come in. My phone in a case is 75mm so the Qi option looks out. I currently use a rav power pad in the cubby under the air con panel with a short usb and cigarette power adapter but I keep forgetting the phone and you cannot easily see if it is charging. Discrete but too much so.

Anyone have the iPhone one ?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum