Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

A friend of mine has that BMW for almost 6 months now and it seems to be trouble free, so enjoy the ride Wink
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

for a giggle just spec'd an X5 45e, to be close to my D5. Items missing are "Timed Climate" and the full offroad pack that I have (obviously wouldn't be on an X5).

Pricing is very similar, £76500. ouch lots of cash lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Craigp
    England 

Just checked it out myself. Have you seen this one Jim? He seems quite impressed.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Phev are also going to be banned along with diesel and petrol, so it seems like electric all the way Sad

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

mordred1973 wrote:
    for a giggle just spec'd an X5 45e, to be close to my D5. Items missing are "Timed Climate" and the full offroad pack that I have (obviously wouldn't be on an X5).

Pricing is very similar, £76500. ouch lots of cash lol

Then apply a hefty discount and you and you are down to £63K. Way cheaper than the XC90 4 cylinder hybrid. Thumbs Up

There is also an off road pack for the X5, not that I have specced that.

Last edited by jimbg on 25th Feb 2020 6:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Phev are also going to be banned along with diesel and petrol, so it seems like electric all the way Sad

I am too old to worry about that deadline! Big Cry
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

21 is not old mate Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    Just checked it out myself. Have you seen this one Jim? He seems quite impressed.

Yes I had a look at that one this morning, there are several reviews around and mostly favorable.

It seemed to grow on him in that video and he was comparing it to the hybrid Sport which he had recently driven.
    His electricity prices were on the high side as suppliers are latching onto the overnight charging needs.

I will probably switch supplier to Octopus when the time comes as they have a 5p rate overnight rather than the usual 13 - 16p
  • simonej

I thought the XC90 was a good car (aside from the terrible engines and touchscreen) but just completely lacked the ‘x-factor’. Don’t know what that really means but I expect it’s something subconscious - like with the D5 you just know it’s utterly capable off road, or with an AMGxxx63 you know that you’ll hear that glorious noise when you fire up the engine. With the XC90, well, you know it’s safe. But that’s not exciting.

Good cars but I can’t ever imagine wanting to just get out and drive one for the sake of it.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Jimbg - for a great BMW forum, you want Bimmerpost. The X5 section is quite US-centric, but the UK off topic section of the previous 3/4-series is a really good place. You will get plenty of X5 advice and might spot a renegade disco owner amongst the regulars! F30post.com

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

On BMW discounts, I secured around £18k off a £77k X7 - choice of new stock cars. Compares with about £11k off a £77k D5.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Quasar wrote:
    Yes. I considered an XC90. Didn’t like the 2litre engine and found the touchscreen difficult to use on the move. More traditional buttons and switches would have been helpful. Fit and finish of the Volvo was better but more room in the Discovery.

Ended up with the Discovery.

This is a tough one, as I was off the same opinion. All bar the T8 felt under powered especially when pulling out of junctions, however, the boot in the Volvo is much larger if (when) all 7 seats are up. The Disco boot compromise is made up by a larger passenger cell.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Jimbg - for a great BMW forum, you want Bimmerpost. The X5 section is quite US-centric, but the UK off topic section of the previous 3/4-series is a really good place. You will get plenty of X5 advice and might spot a renegade disco owner amongst the regulars! F30post.com

Thanks, I have spent a lot of time on that forum and there are quite a few hybrid owners there, mostly in Belgium.. I will try to spot the renegade!

Equilibrium wrote:
    On BMW discounts, I secured around £18k off a £77k X7 - choice of new stock cars. Compares with about £11k off a £77k D5.

Yes , I managed to get a £12k discount on my £78k X5 hybrid order.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Just to add Jim, in that F30post uk offtopic section there is another guy who’s ordered a X5 45e in the past few days. If you pop a topic in about your order, he’s sure to reply as he posts most days. As will a dozen others of us!

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Cheers
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum