Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Great! I am never sure how much goes through the built in SIM and through the user one.

Now we now which one the login uses! Laughing Thumbs Up
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Next thing is to download a map update? Whistle
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

Ha ha steady on....one job at a time.

Need to find a memory stick, what MB size stick is needed ?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Minimum 32GB usable, best to get 64GB .
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

Thanks - may need to rummage round the IT department at work for that.

D.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

jimbg wrote:
    Just check you can login on a computer to these 2 sites

https://incontrol.landrover.com/jlr-portal-owner-web/login

https://www.landrover.here.com/#home/0

If they both work then check your SIM card is working OK?

otherwise call JLR!!

The in control link is good, I can go back through all my routes, the phone app only allow a limited time, six months maybe?

Thanks for posting, who knew lol

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

successfully logged into navigation today using my phones LTE signal, to many trees to get a signal at home so had to get to an open spot

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Softuk
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Now just basic map

Would appreciate advice. After having six D3 &D4’s, have moved to a D5 after a “catastrophic engine failure” occasioned by broken crankshaft - known fault.
    Love the new car, but because of lockdown did not get an in-person dealership handover. However, apart from electric seats which sometimes decide to move on their own, one thing I cannot solve is a navigation map issue.
    Since receiving the car it has had an excellent satellite view map. Suddenly, that has changed to an extremely basic map, and I cannot find a way to change it.
    The car has a Ubigi subscription which I have added to, whether this is a factor, I just don’t know. Any advice appreciated.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The satellite view consumes large amounts of your download allowance and to be honest I much prefer the standard mapping as it it much clearer to navigate by.

What is the monthly allowance if the SIM that you are using?
  • Softuk
    United Kingdom 

The essential plan gives me 500mb per month, and I added a further 1GB. Currently have 976mb left.
    It’s why the map changed is the puzzle.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Can you not select it now?

If not how is the SIM set up in the car's menu, Do you have the monthly allowance set too low?
  • Softuk
    United Kingdom 

When the car arrived after being in storage for several months. the sim wouldn’t work so Ubigi sent a new one, and I created a new account, and all was fine. Vehicle HotSpot connected when in use. Map was fine, showing satellite view. Suddenly, started car and only basic map!
    Enhanced map is very useful on some occasions. The basic one isn’t actually as good as the one in the D4 except it doesn’t sound like Moira Stewart! 😂
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Anyone try’d the route planner app recently? I can’t get logged in. In control app etc all work fine etc
  • beanoir
    United Kingdom 

Yes it’s been acting a bit odd. I registered the other week to try and get some map updates, and it kept asking me to register my vehicle VIN, but wouldn’t remember it and kept asking me to add a vehicle again.

It eventually worked after trying it again the next day.
  • Woody
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Hi, I've just read the above with interest. I'm new to the discovery 5 having just last week upgraded from my long serving discovery 3. I was hoping my first post would be about some great adventure but instead ive the problem as listed below.

I've also got an issue logging into the sat nav. it keeps giving the message "a problem our end..."

i can successfully log into both of the webpages, incontrol and here, and the cars browser is working fine. it just wont log into the sat nav. As a consequence my maps haven't been updated since 2017. It looks like the original owner never used it anything on the screen or rear entertainment. .
    Today ive been onto the land rover chat help on the incontrol page who suggested I delete my profile from the car and retry putting my details in again but I'm having the same issue.
    Ive tried both with the car on its 3G connection and connected to the house WIFI, that doesn't make a difference either.

how do I go about fixing this? just getting the map updated would be a great help but I cant get that far on the website until the car is connected. ive also checked the details ive given to the websites closely to ensure they match.

The car was a very extravagant treat to myself. I'm hoping this is an easy fix as ive had my share of disappointments.

Thanks Disco5 Newbee Simon.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum