Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

Coding?

Hi, is coding for the d5 still an impossibility,or has anybody got any further on yet?

Thanks Mike
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Probably depends on what you want to code.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) S Corris Grey

No, still pretty much a no go, several companies have made statements that they are working on it but no break through to date.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

I would have thought the existing JLR pathfinder and associated software/hardware would be capable of coding/resetting/installing code for upgrades/features , but I might be wrong.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 

No, afraid not, I use Pathfinder on a daily basis, no CCF access, only coding is activating a few accessories such as Tow pack and Activity key.
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

Just have to keep waiting then, hopefully some one will figure it out soon.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

Well. its been over 3 years since D5 launch, and to date 2 experts, BBS and GAP haven't cracked it, so who else?

• IndusD4
    Australia 

GAP are working on D5 functionality, currently have fault codes reading/clearing, live values and suspension functionality working. You do need to have to update the IIDTool to the latest build.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 

Personally think GAP have a long way to go, the other day I tried my IID tool on a D5, it came back with 6 DTC's, I then plugged in Pathfinder and that found 17 DTC's !, admittedly all where only minor codes but non the less enough to give me little confidence in the GAP tool.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

With the data revolution underway you're seeing code bases becoming strongly encrypted. Several recent court rulings in various countries have also identified vehicle-unique code as the automaker's intellectual property, with only configuration items (such as reading or clearing codes and things like maintenance indicators) being exposed because they need to be.

Now that JLR is talking about monetizing vehicle data from owners (i.e., paying owners for access to vehicle operational data like routes traveled, driving habits, vehicle system performance, etc) you can expect the vast majority of code in the vehicles will remain undiscoverable.

Never mind the fact that some recent high-profile vulnerability assessments have shown that hacking vehicles with electronic steering, braking, and throttle systems coupled with electronic driver aids like lane keep assist and distance control can result in rather unpleasant experiences for the driver....
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Cradgebank wrote:
    Personally think GAP have a long way to go, the other day I tried my IID tool on a D5, it came back with 6 DTC's, I then plugged in Pathfinder and that found 17 DTC's !, admittedly all where only minor codes but non the less enough to give me little confidence in the GAP tool.

The IDTool has the option to show confirmed and unconfirmed fault codes, Maybe that is the difference?

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

so they can hack and influence,,UK election, US Presidential election, Oxford university, but JLR can't be ? Laughing Laughing

• Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

I do find it amazing that in 3 years nobody can figure it out, but have also thought there might not be the demand so companies are not pushing to figure it out.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

I think demand is there across the whole range of JLR. and as vehicles are coming out of warranty, owners would wish to use an indy rather than dealers labour rates. There are Indys that use pathfinder (alongside other diagnostic equipment) but I understand subscription to JLR's equipment is quite pricey.

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

harrythespider wrote:
    so they can hack and influence,,UK election, US Presidential election, Oxford university, but JLR can't be ? Laughing Laughing

Not unless GAP has the Russian mafia on their payroll.... Whistle
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum