Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• johnmcg
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

No Sound, volume won't adjust

Hi just picked up a 2019 HSE Luxury from a LR dealer near Leeds yesterday. It is an approved used car. Firstly the preparation on the car was below expectation, I clean the car better on a Sunday myself. However, the main issue is that I was 20 miles into the journey home before I realised that the radio/sat nav/phone volume doesn't work. It is stuck at 2 and the control on the steering wheel and on the dash will not increase it. I emailed the dealer last night to ask if a technician could call me about it (is there a way to reset etc...) The sales guy emails back to say he is not in until Friday and will ask someone to do that, no apology ...

I have phoned the local dealers and the quickest I can get it in to be looked at is 14th Sept.

Anyone have any ideas as to the problem. If I disconnect the battery to fully power down, will I have other issues?
  • mb1
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 First Edition Farallon Black

Occasionally mine goes out and you can press the media power button twice and it works again. Can’t tell if you’ve tried that or just turning vol but it might work
  • johnmcg
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

thanks for the reply. That doesn't work. I have disconnected the battery for an hour to power it fully down and nothing has worked. Guess its sitting tight until the dealer can take a look.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

If you can update the IMC software this might help you!

Trevorb1 wrote:
    With 20A I had a number of instances where the audio module didn't fire up for the whole ignition cycle, no audio from media or parking sensors and volume control did nothing, so far, since updating to 20B, has been OK (fingers crossed)

The D5 needs Over The Air Software (OTA) updates enabled and you can check in Settings > All Settings > Software Updates. Then ‘Check for Updates’.

What version do you currently have? S19x or S20x?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • bammmy

Re: No Sound, volume won't adjust

johnmcg wrote:
    Hi just picked up a 2019 HSE Luxury from a LR dealer near Leeds yesterday. It is an approved used car. Firstly the preparation on the car was below expectation, I clean the car better on a Sunday myself. However, the main issue is that I was 20 miles into the journey home before I realised that the radio/sat nav/phone volume doesn't work. It is stuck at 2 and the control on the steering wheel and on the dash will not increase it. I emailed the dealer last night to ask if a technician could call me about it (is there a way to reset etc...) The sales guy emails back to say he is not in until Friday and will ask someone to do that, no apology ...

I have phoned the local dealers and the quickest I can get it in to be looked at is 14th Sept.

Anyone have any ideas as to the problem. If I disconnect the battery to fully power down, will I have other issues?

Me personally I wouldn’t wait I would be on the dealers doorsteps right now. Ask about who did
    the PDI😳
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum