Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

2021 Mid Cycle Refresh

Sorry cannot download the link.
    Lots of photos and information though Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Here is the link to the latest Disco

https://www.motor1.com/news/453209/2021-la...-facelift/

2019 HSE LUX
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

I was expecting a P400 seems its a P350

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

Nice to see the SD6 continuing!

Shame there's nothing approaching the electric range of the X5 Hybrid.

John

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Rotary gear knob has been replaced with a stubby lever, don't like that. The surround cameras now have the through bonnet feature like the defender, would like that, and the bigger screen.

On the whole not much there that would push me to upgrade from my 3.0 HSE.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

SD6 is being replaced with the MHEV inline-6.

"D250: 249HP (183kW), 3.0-litre six-cylinder MHEV diesel, 570Nm of torque at 1,250-2,250rpm
    D300: 300HP (221kW), 3.0-litre six-cylinder MHEV diesel, 650Nm of torque at 1,500-2,500rpm
    The D250 and D300 six-cylinder Ingenium diesels feature lightweight aluminium construction with a low-friction design and replace the previous SD4 and SDV6 diesels. Intelligent 48V MHEV technology ensures the new engines meet the most stringent global emissions regulations and deliver improved responses."

Unfortunately we here in the US and A will not be seeing any diesels going forward....
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

discus wrote:
    Rotary gear knob has been replaced with a stubby lever, don't like that. The surround cameras now have the through bonnet feature like the defender, would like that, and the bigger screen.

On the whole not much there that would push me to upgrade from my 3.0 HSE.

Configurable Terrain Response, and nixing the tiny 2nd row mouse-whisper vents in favor of larger vents on the rear of the center console would do the trick for me...but only if we could get the D300.
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

Looks like a good update. The interior changes I like and the D250 usefully torquier than the current D240. But interesting spec changes: 3D cameras standard but low range transfer box an option, for an example. Overall good, and more likely my next car will be another Disco.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Here is the latest on the LR website, no surprises really PiviPro to try and salvage LR's tech reputation and a defender steering wheel...although I hear of glitches with PiviPro aleady and build quality issues with the Defender ! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/discovery/index.html

2019 HSE LUX
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

I can't get excited by the ICE - I love CarPlay and Siri!

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Not keen on the puny looking steering wheel. Much prefer the chunkier current one.
    The front "fingers" near the fog lamps look like the cheap ones on ebay.
    Not keen on any of the newer alloy wheels either.
    Not to mention a 10K price hike for the base model, as was £43K in 2017.
    I suppose thats what your paying for the newer cleaner engines and other tech.
    Cant see a fixed tow bar either nor an option for Digital TV ?

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 19th Jan 2021 10:55 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I configured a HSE dynamic with D300 and it came out cheaper than a 20MY HSE Lux. I noticed you can only get the black roof on the dynamic versions.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

When I configure in new build only S model is shown as available in 250 Diesel any one else just seeing that only option ?
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

They’ve effectively deleted the S spec car, which explains most of the entry price rise. The new S spec is basically the current SE. Oh and I see they’ve also done something with the middle row seats which is good, as they are rather disappointing at the moment.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum