Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RegG
    United Kingdom 

Help with signing in to Navigation please!!!

I am hoping someone very clever on here can help me to get signed into the Navigation on my 2020my Landmark before I go completely crazy!!

I have been trying to 'Sign In' to my account on the Sat Nav screen as requested when I go into Navigation. However, having put in my email address and password it keeps saying "There is a problem at our end" (or words to that effect) and to try again later. Numerous attempts result in the same message.

I have been into the In Control pages on the web, logged in with my email address, password etc with no problems. I put the VIN in on one page to identify the car which then said I had a 'Connected Vehicle" but as soon as I left that page the "Connected Vehicle" disappeared!!

Any simplified guidance would be much appreciated! If anyone has experienced these problems and have identified a fault on the hardware/software on the car I would be pleased to know asap as the car is in for a service tomorrow.

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

2020 Discovery Landmark 3.0 SDV6, Portofino Blue
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

You need to have separate navigation account and login credentials.

The InControl credentials are for InControl and Live only.

Go here to create an account:
    https://www.landrover.here.com/index.php#home/0

You should then add your vehicle (using the VIN) and assuming you have a valid subscription then can now also download map updates from this site, use the Route Planner, sync destinations and favourite locations with the car.

If you download the Route Planner app, just log into app with your new navigation account details and favourites and destinations will sync and you can push destinations to the car so its ready to navigate you when you start it up. TBH the app is pretty rubbish (IMO) so you may want to give that a miss Wink

Note: This is separate to the Journey tracking feature in the Remote app (this uses your InControl log in not navigation log in).

Crazy it needs two accounts but thats how it is.

BTW, your dealer should have done this with you or walked you through it on hand over. Even with social distancing.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • RegG
    United Kingdom 

"The InControl credentials are for InControl and Live only.

Go here to create an account:
    https://www.landrover.here.com/index.php#home/0

You should then add your vehicle (using the VIN) and assuming you have a valid subscription then can now also download map updates from this site, use the Route Planner, sync destinations and favourite locations with the car. "

Thanks for the reply SimonH.....

I have already visited the above website, created the account and entered the VIN. A message tells me the vehicle is connected but then, when leaving that page it disappears!?!

My "InControl" account shows I have Pro Services until 12/2029; Protect until 12/2022; and Remote until 12/2022.

There is a Micro Sim card in the card reader.

The dealer did not do a walk through, and handover was virtually non-existent due to their Covid restrictions.

I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong!!

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Ah. OK. Sorry I mis-read that you were using the InControl credentials to log in to Nav Wink

When you log into landrover.here.com go to My Account there are no vehicles listed under Manage My Vehicles? If not and as you say adding one doesn't 'stick', maybe there is an issue at LR's end. Would be worth a call to LR customer service maybe?

Also, are you sure the cars mobile data is connected, has signal and is working ? Does Live work for example the Weather? Or the web browser?

Not sure if the navigation needs to contact the car when you add it or not...

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • RegG
    United Kingdom 

Thanks again SimonH.....

I am taking it into the dealer tomorrow so will try to get them to check it out and, hopefully, show me what I am doing wrong! Your help is much appreciated Thumbs Up

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up No worries. Hope you get sorted.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • RegG
    United Kingdom 

Well.... went to the dealer yesterday and not sure if I have been fobbed off or what! They said I did not really need to be signing into an account as I don't do a lot of mileage - it was mainly customers using their cars for business that like to be 'logged on'.

I have been into Settings and was asked for a SIM PIN (there is a micro sim in the slot) but I have no idea what the PIN is and the dealer wasn't much help either. Any idea where I can find the PIN or who to contact at LR?

I may well just give up in the end but I don't like being beaten or missing out on available technology even though I am a bit of a technophobe!

• Ronbo
    United States 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Try 1234 or how many digits it requires. Thought I saw it somewhere. Hope it works for you.
  • Milky400
    United Kingdom 

RegG wrote:
    Well.... went to the dealer yesterday and not sure if I have been fobbed off or what! They said I did not really need to be signing into an account as I don't do a lot of mileage - it was mainly customers using their cars for business that like to be 'logged on'.

I have been into Settings and was asked for a SIM PIN (there is a micro sim in the slot) but I have no idea what the PIN is and the dealer wasn't much help either. Any idea where I can find the PIN or who to contact at LR?

I may well just give up in the end but I don't like being beaten or missing out on available technology even though I am a bit of a technophobe!

Irrelevant how many miles you do, you have a facility that was sold with the car that doesn’t work. Shocking dealer service. I’d be straight back up there
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Does your mobile offer free Hotspot capability? If so, you don't need the SIM. Just enable the phone's Hotspot, and connect the car's wifi to your phone, then you can use all of the infotainment features without having to pay for anything extra.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I had a similar issue logging in after not using the vehicle for 3 weeks during lockdown.
    Got the same message about a problem at their end.

I was away from home so using the sim. Tried several times but wouldn’t bite. I then logged onto a WIFi connection (I was on a campsite) and it went through ok.

I did switch ignition off and back on every time I attempted a new idea...in the hope it flushed out a residual gremlin.

Not sure what exactly happened but convinced the WIFi had something to do with the success.
  • RegG
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the replies and apologies for not responding sooner.....

Current state of play is that I still cannot get into the on board system as I do not have a SIM PIN - I have tried 0000 and 1234 but both to no effect. I have only one attempt left before the SIM is blocked.

I have emailed JLR Customer Services who have sent me guidance copied from the Manual but still no help re the SIM PIN.

I am assuming the SIM is the one fitted when the car was built and have asked JLR about this but am still awaiting a reply.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated but I will let you all know when, and if, JLR reply about the PIN!

• Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

My understanding is that the built in sim is used for the app connectivity and sos call from car system etc.
    The optional sim in the centre console is for nav live traffic, google location search and syncing to the nav app etc, plus browsing internet from car, using car as wifi hotspot etc.
    As regards pins, there is no pin for the built in sim to my knowledge.
    There is a preset sytem pin (1926) which can be used to protect some system settings. This pin can be changed by the car user. Land Rover can get around this if necessary - change of owner etc.
    Under the connectivity section, there is an option to enable a sim pin for the user installed sim. I guess a previous user, if activating this option, would have set one known only to them, and as such the only option would be to change this sim.
    Don't understand why it all has to be made so complicated.
  • RegG
    United Kingdom 

I am so confused! The only SIM I can see is one in the centre console glove box and I assume this is the one the PIN is being requested for.

I can only think a return trip to the dealer is needed but with Covid restrictions this could take some time.

• Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yes. The one in centre cubby box is the user accessible / fitted one, and the one most likely to have had a sim pin activated by prev user. If that is the case, and it is the pin you need, it is highly unlikely LR will know what it is. New sim is prob only alternative.
    The cars manufacturer fitted sim is hidden away somewhere and unlikely to need messing with.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum