Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

2021 D300 Ordered - newbie - GOT IT(P4)!

New here. A growing family means I am upgrading to a 7 seater, and after swearing not to go back to JLR thanks to their refusal to acknowledge oil dilution issues in a SDV6 RRS I had a couple of years ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see the facelift Disco engines and Infotainment. A trip to my dealers and I have ordered:

D300 HSE R-Dynamic, which has kit as standard other manufacturers charge an arm and a leg for. (surround camera, adaptive cruise, blind spot, dual pan roof, air cool seats, electric seating through all three rows etc), meaning I only had to lightly touch the paid options list:

Carpathian Grey
    Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack (purely for resale value)
    Heated washer jets
    Heated steering wheel
    Wireless device charging with phone signal booster
    Privacy glass
    Black Roof rails

I got my dealer to match DTD, so a very healthy discount.

I've been told 12 weeks until delivery

Very Happy

Last edited by Windy Miller on 27th Mar 2021 2:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Nice one. Thumbs Up
    Ordered mine 4 weeks ago after having my Sept order cancelled for 21 my build but not had any update from dealer yet on del .
    Assumed it will be about Feb .
    The original order would have given us the D5 by now but stopped production of 20my meant we had to put a fresh order in .
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Very nice, Windy. The new infotainment looks much better and they’ve definitely tidied up the rear end (maybe it even closes properly now!).

I loved my 20MY Carpathian SDV6, looking forward to the pics of yours when it arrives.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Re: 2021 D300 Ordered - newbie

Windy Miller wrote:
    New here. A growing family means I am upgrading to a 7 seater, and after swearing not to go back to JLR thanks to their refusal to acknowledge oil dilution issues in a SDV6 RRS I had a couple of years ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see the facelift Disco engines and Infotainment. A trip to my dealers and I have ordered:

D300 HSE R-Dynamic, which has kit as standard other manufacturers charge an arm and a leg for. (surround camera, adaptive cruise, blind spot, dual pan roof, air cool seats, electric seating through all three rows etc), meaning I only had to lightly touch the paid options list:

Carpathian Grey
    Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack (purely for resale value)
    Heated washer jets
    Heated steering wheel
    Wireless device charging with phone signal booster
    Privacy glass
    Black Roof rails

I got my dealer to match DTD, so a very healthy discount.

I've been told 12 weeks until delivery

Very Happy

Can I ask what discount percentage did you get from your dealer?

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

33Lurcher wrote:
    Nice one. Thumbs Up
    Ordered mine 4 weeks ago after having my Sept order cancelled for 21 my build but not had any update from dealer yet on del .
    Assumed it will be about Feb .
    The original order would have given us the D5 by now but stopped production of 20my meant we had to put a fresh order in .

I think whatever happens I'll wait for March the 1st so it can be a 21 plate. It'l also give us time to nail spec questions such as "is the wireless charging pad sunken recess big enough for an iPhone Pro Max?" or "Can you disable keyless, if not what does the 'Secure Pro' add to combat KESSY thefts etc?" which will determine if I tick options or not.

Equilibrium wrote:
    I loved my 20MY Carpathian SDV6, looking forward to the pics of yours when it arrives.

We were all set to go Elgar with black wheels, but when the dealer tried to sell me this unregistered pre-facelift car that was in Carpathian & bi-colour wheels my partner and I both fell in love with the colour and decided to spend the extra we were going put into black wheels, instead into the extra needed for Carpathian. It works so well against the black accents and bi-colour wheels, it gives it a touch of class...

BigCol66 wrote:
    Can I ask what discount percentage did you get from your dealer?

8% ontop of the headline £2500 FDA (which is actually split £1250 from JLR and £1250 from the dealer).
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I had Carpathian with silver 21s, noble chrome grille and felt that it was a very classic look. Definitely looks good on the bi-colours too.

Plumped for Eiger when changing, as I was taken with it on a loaner and it was only right to have a different colour anyway. Went for the satin dark grey 21s as I’m not a big fan of gloss black. With a dynamic black grille, it’s a very different look and I love it.

One thing about Eiger. It looks good in all weathers and when dirty. Carpathian is definitely a “clean on a sunny day” colour.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Don't know if you have seen it but the MY 21 Manual is available now , https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/model/...ion=T19975
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the Link, nice to see the depth the manul goes into is as ambiguous as ever! Very Happy

So unless I've missed something, MY21 isn't wireless CarPlay as had been suggested by the dealer?!? Confused
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

Hi - no idea on the spec, but if it's not included, just use one of these... Works flawlessly!

https://cplay2air.com/products/cplaystream...nk-feature

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • eelpout
    United States 

any of you in the UK seen a color sample of the new Charente Grey and if so could you describe it?
    (If I'm not mistaken Charente, FR is a Cognac region, so I wonder if it has some reddish-golden-brown tones to it in person)

here in the US no dealer around me has one yet.
  • eelpout
    United States 

33Lurcher wrote:
    Don't know if you have seen it but the MY 21 Manual is available now , https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/model/...ion=T19975

oh excellent, answers one of my questions, does it have the same 3D spinner view of the vehicle like the Defender? Answer: yes. Smile
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

John C wrote:
    Hi - no idea on the spec, but if it's not included, just use one of these... Works flawlessly!

https://cplay2air.com/products/cplaystream...nk-feature

I had one of these in my current car, but stopped using it and went back to a wired solution. For me the loss in sound quality (due to the compression needed over bluetooth) outweighed the convenience factor. I spend 3-4 hours in the car at a time doing long journeys so music is a big part of my need. I'm waiting for my dealer to confirm with Land Rover, because all the launch materials from the various car mags/journos say it's Wireless, but the handbook definitely says it's wired.

Furthermore, on the Defender forums, several people with the Pivi Pro have said they wished it was Wireless, so I have a feeling it's a wired solution in the new Disco. If that's the case, there's no point me spending the £330 on the wireless charing pad.

In my mind it's going to be either:

1. Wired, and the JLR/News releases is wrong
    2. Its wireless, but Land Rover have yet to update the handbook Pivi Pro literature because they copied it from the Defender.

eelpout wrote:
    any of you in the UK seen a color sample of the new Charente Grey and if so could you describe it?

I've not seen it in person, but my dealer told me from light/dark it sits somewhere in-between Elgar and Carpathian, but it has a more 'golden' feel to it. It's been available on Jags for a few months longer, so maybe see if you can find some pics of one.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

For those who may be interested, I have an answer re the Wireless CarPlay...

All Pivi Pro is currently 'wired', and in Feb 2021 LR are dropping an OTA software update which enables wireless CarPlay/AA across all Pivi Pro equipped cars.

All new Disco's are planned to be delivered with this functionality and/or will get the update when it's rolled out. Smile
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Do you know if they plan to make it available for the older (non pivi) vehicles?
  • eelpout
    United States 

[quote="Windy Miller"]
    John C wrote:

eelpout wrote:

I've not seen it in person, but my dealer told me from light/dark it sits somewhere in-between Elgar and Carpathian, but it has a more 'golden' feel to it. It's been available on Jags for a few months longer, so maybe see if you can find some pics of one.

Heh, if it's too "gold" my wife isn't going to like it. Smile
    Thanks!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum