Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• eelpout
    United States 

> Wi-Fi

hmm, I'll have to check my settings. honestly, it's never been that um, robust at switching between the cellular and Wi-Fi radios anyway. In my neighborhood with a gazillion access points, it spends more time searching for something to connect to than actually connected. Could be this hasn't gone unnoticed and they decided to disable it.
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Just got one downloaded and installed whilst out this morning .

2021 D250 S Eiger Grey HSW Privacy Hi/Low Ratio
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

To be honest, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of improvements and changes in the new releases. It's quite a powerful tool, and pretty cool that a car can update itself OTA, but it doesn't seem to be used to deliver any features, or even many fixes.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

think we also now need to be mindful, that with the new Disco having Pivi, any updates for our earlier ones will be purely bug fixes not improvements or new functionality.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I am not so worried about that.

The only thing that my D5 does NOT do that I miss is the Text to Speech when someone sends me an SMS.

Having said that... When I have seen the Pivi Pro on Youtube (for example in the PowerfullUK videos), I fond that the speed is certainly no better than on my D5.

Currently, I have also not had any bugs in my D5 system.

So long as they don't break anything... it can keep going as it is now.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I have to admit, I wish the "old" system booted up quicker .....otherwise its alright, not too laggy when moving about menu's

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

If you think that it is bad now... you should have tried it 2 years ago when it was the OLD versions..... It was SLOW to start up then.

At least now you can access things REASONABLY quickly.

I used to have to wait and wait and wait before I could deploy the towbar. Now I can actually deploy it as soon as the car has started. That isn't too bad.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I can't add a destination to the NAV or change radio station until about 300m down the road from a cold start....nor do anything else from the screen until then since even if it says "touch screen to continue" it doesn't react.

To deploy towbar at home, I usually have to use the button on the load area...wouldn't say mine boots up any quicker on 20C than it did on the old 4 tile software.

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Strange... Mine is MUCH faster for startup on 20C than it was under the 19 series.

When I get the LANDROVER icon, I can press on the screen and it almost immediately goes to the main window, I can then start the navigation, and input my destination immediately.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

ah no mine is not like that at all Big Cry

annoying....

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Mine usually starts fast and into CarPlay in 10 seconds.

Except for the the 20% of time when it takes 90 seconds.

And except for the 5% of times when it needs the phone to be plugged and unplugged.

And further except for the 2% of times when it will never connect to the phone until the car is switched off for ten minutes.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Or be like me and don’t switch the Censored thing on to start with, then it makes no difference if it’s updated or not. Rolling with laughter
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

nebc100 wrote:
    The only thing that my D5 does NOT do that I miss is the Text to Speech when someone sends me an SMS.

I have a late 2018 SE that does, but needed to be enabled on the phone. Although I don't think you miss anything as it's not that good, CarPlay is a little better but can't cope either when getting an SMS in Dutch,

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

It’s on my 2021 model , needed to enable it on iPhone .

2021 D250 S Eiger Grey HSW Privacy Hi/Low Ratio
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Sadly, I have a VERY early D5 and it does not support sms reading at all.

My wife's epace (same infotainment system) does support it, but not my D5.

Never mind... I am not so worried it is just that it would have been nice to be informed when an SMS comes in while I am driving.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum