Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

That's really impressive on an expensive vehicle like this.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Great result Joness7. If I took the WBAC offer today, I think I’d have spent around £8k combined on my August 2019 and August 2020 HSE-Ls.

Was yours bought new or pre-reg/used?

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • joness7
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Bought it brand new from Rybrook in Stoke

2019 D5 SdV6 SE Anniversary black/black
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yep, mines gone up quite a bit too, but it’s like house prices, say for arguments sake my house is worth a million, I could sell, but to buy similar would cost me the same, cos that’s gone up as well. Therefore it’s all academic unless I sell and don’t buy.

I was pricing up a new LR, the prices have gone up and not really any discounts plus if the new order doesn’t come in good time, they have reduced trade in values for 1, 2, 3 etc and up to 6 months etc. Needless the figures work in their favour, £5/6k less if you have to wait a while.

It’s all smoke and mirrors, there ain’t no such thing as a free meal with LR.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

just been through discussions with my dealer, trade in is excellent but try getting them to fix that with an agreed mileage quota whilst you wait for the new LR to turn up. My dealer wasn't having any of it they would revalue the car "against market" closer to delivery.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yep, there is no advantage to trading in to buy a new car.

It’s the long wait for new that’s upping the part exchange on your present vehicle and the second hand market and likewise pushing up the price or lack of incentives of new cars. It’s a no win situation.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Anyone seriously selling should not use WBAC but a company like Motorway.

No connection but have used them twice and they pay much more than WBAC.

They will give you an indicative price and then peddle it to all the Land Rover dealers on their books.

Give it a try! Thumbs Up

https://motorway.co.uk/

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Craigp
    England 

I get about £89 more from motorway than WBAC which I did a week or so ago. So yes it's more Very Happy
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Mines gone up another £215 on WBAC this week though Craig Smile

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Craigp
    England 

Laughing
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    I get about £89 more from motorway than WBAC which I did a week or so ago. So yes it's more Very Happy

The price they quote is a minimum, the dealers come in higher than that figure.

When I sold my D5 last year it was a couple of thousand more than WBAC when the dealer bids came in.

2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Craigp
    England 

Cheers Jim I'll certainly keep these in mind when I get round to changing. No doubt I'm on their contact list so looking forward to plenty of reminders Laughing
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Yes, they are like everyone else in that respect!! Laughing

My son was rather dubious of them, but sold his Porsche 911 with them for an insane amount of money.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I think motorway replaced tootle/is a rebrand of tootle. They were excellent when selling my 440i.

Have to say that WBAC must be fronting for LR dealers as well currently, otherwise hard to see where there is profit above current trade values.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I’m at the point where I’m ready to drop the D5 and swap into a Highlander. The second hand valuations make it a no brainer as I will have had two years of Discovery ownership, two brand new HSE-Ls, for around £8-9k. And I estimate a £20k saving over the next four years owning the Highlander instead - before including reduced fuel, service and (extended) warranty cost. Still trying to convince the wife to give up the interior and looks of the Disco though. Wish me luck chaps!

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum