Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

D300 HSE - Ordered 23 June

Hi,

OK I've pulled the plug on a Discovery after being very impressed overall with it, will be my first Land Rover and also first SUV as coming from many years of fast saloon type cars.

Don't have a delivery date yet as just ordered but believe it'll be Oct / Nov at this point but the way the silicon shortages are going won't be surprised if that slips a bit as well.

I've gone for the following spec:

Lantau Bronze
      Ebony Seats
      Downgraded to 20inch 5122 Satin Dark Grey
      Full Sized Spare
      Sliding Front Sunroof
      Black Roof Rails
      Privacy Glass
      20-way heated and cooled, massage electric memory front seats
      60:40 heated and cooled electric rear seats
      Heated electric third row seats
      Intelligent Seat Fold
      Full Extended Leather Upgrade
      Natural Shadow Oak veneer
      Heated steering wheel
      Head-up Display
      Hot Climate Pack
      Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack
      Heated washer jets
      Cabin pre-conditioning with remote control
      Front centre console cooler compartment
      Wireless device charging with phone signal booster
      Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan
      Secure Tracker Pro (12-month subscription)
      Active Rear Locking Differential
      Garage Door Opener (HomeLink®)
      Activity Key
      Electrically deployable tow bar
      Advanced Tow Assist

Now for the long wait for delivery...

Last edited by FastLaneJB on 23rd Jun 2021 6:48 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

That's a very good list of extras not to many you have left off. Thumbs Up

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Hopefully pretty much nothing but if you spot one let me know and I’ll add it on. Laughing

I did skip the load space cover as I’ve no need for it and the first aid kit. Strangely the first aid kit adds 1g of CO2 per mile on the configurator if you add that. Must be pretty heavy. Laughing
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Did you order the cubby fridge?

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Great spec FastlaneJB and a refreshing move in speccing 20s over 21s.

I easily resisted the “upgrade” to 22s, having experienced them on long term loaners, but the memory of the initial SE loaner lives strong. That was on either 19s or 20s and had a supple nature that the larger wheeled cars miss out on to a degree.

I’ve spent time in a Defender on air-sprung 20s and a Highlander on coil-sprung 20s recently. The former out rode my D5 on 21s by a significant margin and the Highlander felt great despite lacking air.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    Did you order the cubby fridge?

Yeah, that's part of one of the packs I think. I basically ticked on everything and then just removed the few items I didn't want Smile

Had a go with the fridge when on a Land Rover Experience as my test car didn't have one when I did a road test. We put a few water bottles in it and it had chilled them nicely over an hour or so after we pulled them out.

It's one of the nice features that Land Rover seem to offer that other cars on my list to pick from did. Another one is the remote engine start / fuel heater type options. Annoys me for instance that BMW offer this in America, clearly it's not illegal in the UK otherwise Land Rover wouldn't be able to offer it but BMW disable it in Europe.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Great spec FastlaneJB and a refreshing move in speccing 20s over 21s.

I easily resisted the “upgrade” to 22s, having experienced them on long term loaners, but the memory of the initial SE loaner lives strong. That was on either 19s or 20s and had a supple nature that the larger wheeled cars miss out on to a degree.

I’ve spent time in a Defender on air-sprung 20s and a Highlander on coil-sprung 20s recently. The former out rode my D5 on 21s by a significant margin and the Highlander felt great despite lacking air.

Yeah I'm not one of those that have an issue with slightly smaller wheels / alloys. I can see the appeal of bigger wheels and the looks of it but I like the comfort more. I think on an SUV more than anything a bit more side wall makes sense plus you've more tyre choices on 20's if I ever do want some more suited to off-road.

I've had some coil suspension cars which have been really quite comfortable, I think some of it can also be down to just how good the seats are also in the cars. Of course when I get a lift from my son in his Corsa where I think suspension is an optional upgrade his car doesn't have, I'm reminded of how bad a cars ride can also be Laughing Generally though when going for top end comfort air is just that bit better, if it wasn't they wouldn't be sticking it in S classes and the like.

The test drive Discovery I tried was on 21's and I'd say it rode at about 90% what my 7 series did. In Comfort or Comfort Plus the 7 series is that little bit better but it'll also lean quite a bit for a saloon type car in the corners in that mode. In Sport it'll corner pretty flat but the ride is noticably firmer. The Discovery has no adjustable comfort options on the suspension but at least on the refresh version I think they've got it just the right mix of comfort and body control.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

OK got a date... 12th November so it's a good ways out. I'll expect it to slip a bit also.

Guess if I'm a good boy then Santa might deliver it to me Wink
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Perfectly possible. But in my experience I would ask "which year" rather than which month! JLR dates seem to be pure fantasy. Even "committed to build" means nothing.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Well it was 2021 of course but I’m going to be realistic and expecting it to slip a bit. Hopefully still be Xmas though would be nice. Will be the longest I’ve had to wait for a new car yet though.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

They are still sending me a weekly update which is nice. No slippage yet but it’s way too far off, probably will slip closer to the time I’d imagine.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Your lucky you get weekly updates, I only get monthly.

• Ade
    United Kingdom 

Your lucky you get monthly updates BigCol66 Rolling with laughter

I have to chase and they never answer or return calls!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

HUD is the item that is causing delays at the moment.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I have ordered that on mine. Sad

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum