Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• eelpout
    United States 

Pivi Pro 4.0

Anyone seen this on their vehicle? I think it's being released in Europe first, we won't see it here for a bit, yet I imagine.

https://www.ovalnews.com/2023/07/pivi-pro-...notes.html

Going to have to stick it to all my Tesla driving friends when this comes out and I can see Google Maps in front of me. Of course, many of the Model 3/Y drivers are Elon-brainwashed that a driver's side display is "for the birds" now. Confused
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

I got it yesterday.

Unfortunately the Apple Maps isn’t supported on the partial tft with analogue dials. Gutted.

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Craigp
    England 

Whilst I prefer Google maps. When running android auto my phone can't handle it . It becomes really hot it then shuts down other apps to try and stop it overheating. The phone battery just flattens even when I have it on the charging pad. I've now disabled android auto.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    Whilst I prefer Google maps. When running android auto my phone can't handle it . It becomes really hot it then shuts down other apps to try and stop it overheating. The phone battery just flattens even when I have it on the charging pad. I've now disabled android auto.

Personal question: what's your phone?

I'm lucky enough that I haven't run into that (Samsung Note 20).
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

This is great news! My wife literally asked me yesterday why I couldn't have Apple maps in the instrument binnacle and now it seems I can! Will have to get this upgrade!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Craigp
    England 

[quote="eelpout"]
    Quote:

Personal question: what's your phone?

I'm lucky enough that I haven't run into that (Samsung Note 20).[/quote

It's a SamsungS21 Laughing ]
  • gavsta

Enjoyed the simple boot/tailgate line which arrived with 3.3.3 on the reversing camera, yet this seems like a significant and worthy feature update.

Hurry up, and download to my D5!
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

Mine got upgraded this weekend..

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Got mine Saturday morning whilst driving through France. Hit upgrade as we ate breakfast in the services... it said it would take 35 mins, but got back in the car less than 30 mins later and it was done. Great OTA service!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Mine upgraded at the weekend also...

Not enjoying all of it! Seems it now always defaults to CarPlay for Navigation when previously it remembered if you prefer the in-built Nav. Also, on the media tab on the home screen, this used to take you to a custom screen with full page artwork in the background which I liked, now you just get dumped into the CarPlay music app... which I'm not so keen on. Also now it seems a bit more hit & miss on connection, and whether or not you get any artwork...

I don't use Apple Maps so haven't tried getting that in the IDD, but prefer the built in as you get stuff in the HUD too and it uses far less data, esp. when you are abroad.

The other thing I'd like to see for towing is the option to add a bike rack in the add trailer screens. Mainly because by default the car assumes you are towing a trailer and decreases the speed limit accordingly. Not a Pivi 4.0.0 issue, but if anyone fro LR reads these, it would be very welcome. As would adding the light check to the remote app!
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

Quote:
    The other thing I'd like to see for towing is the option to add a bike rack in the add trailer screens. Mainly because by default the car assumes you are towing a trailer and decreases the speed limit accordingly. Not a Pivi 4.0.0 issue, but if anyone fro LR reads these, it would be very welcome.

I have been trying to make the same suggestion, but can't find a link or email address to send app improvements to..

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

It would be useful if there was a feedback option somewhere!!
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

One downside I've noticed with Pivi 4's defaulting to CarPlay for navigation all the time is that if you have your IDD configured to display map info somewhere, this too now defaults to Apple Maps... which means even just driving around without actually using Navigation, you are chewing up data. Maybe not so bad in the UK if you have a large/unlimited allowance, but quite annoying abroad where we now have much smaller roaming allowances and Apple maps is quite happily using it if you forget to change to Pivi navigation.

On the plus side, Apple Maps seems to show much more detail than Pivi does, but I'd still like to choose what the default is.

Apparently iOS 17 Maps will allow offline map downloads which might help, but that's not here yet.
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

I'm sure I changed my navigation back to pivi-nav, I seem to remember an option to change appeared somewhere, as now it is always in standard mode as long as I login to my profile. (must tick to remember passcode)

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Ian_S wrote:
    Apparently iOS 17 Maps will allow offline map downloads which might help, but that's not here yet.

I'm using iOS17 v4 Developer Beta (so far smoothly), so just tried this. There's a limit to how far out you can zoom and capture in one map download, but I've got most of England from the south coast up to Carlisle downloading for 5.38GB. And then Scotland (most of) for 1GB.

Thanks for the tip-off.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum