Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Brooksie69
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Activate Hotspot on cars that have esim

I have found a way to activate the hotspot on cars with built in esim's.

If you have a iid tool G3 then in the Car Config file look for: MultiCAN-814 Pivi Hotspot, change this from not fitted to fitted with the iid.

MultiCAN-814 PIVI WiFi Hotspot
    Internal WiFi Hotspot fitted

After the setting has been updated to the car and the ignition is back on hold the Pivi power button down until Pivi screen goes blank.
    The Pivi will reboot and after it has rebooted do the reset of the Pivi again, hold button down until screen goes blank.
    When the Pivi comes back on exit the car and lock it for 10 mins or so. Return and unlock the car.
    On the Pivi screen under settings and connection you should have a hotspot setting, turn it on and use the Password the Pivi generates to access the cars hotspot.

Thumbs Up
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I've seen a company offering this unlock for £100... but I'm intrigued as to what data allowance it would give you!?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Brooksie69
    United Kingdom 

I would think having software over the air updates LR would have it set to unlimited.
    The incontrol pro has tracking so again I would think it would be unlimited.
    I'm sure LR would contact owners if they thought there was an issue with data use.
    Mine is on O2 which isn't the best round where I live so only use the hotspot when travelling.
    Thumbs Up
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Interesting one this. This actually incurs an ongoing cost for Land Rover to provide data bandwidth that people are not paying for, and will no doubt have a material effect on their contract with mobile data providers if enough owners enable it without paying the subscription. Seems to me to be morally quite different from enabling a feature like cruise control that is built into the vehicle anyway.
  • Brooksie69
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

As I understand it, for security reasons to try to prevent hackers taking control of vehicles, all data to and from the car goes through JLR servers (equivalent of using a VPN). This would mean JLR still controlling your data allowance if you aren't paying the subscription for the hotspot and increased data allowance.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum