Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

Hello mate sorry not been in touch for a bit, its nothing you said Laughing

Well i spoke to the tech who fitted mine and he was positive they are in the correct place, until i showed him they should be below the crease. He double checked and they have been instructed and are fitting them all the same as mine. I know you and i discussed the hazards of moving them. I havent seen one in the flesh with lower ones but where mine are does look to offer decent protection.

S
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hi mate, I tried sending you a PM earlier today but it was not letting me for some reason.

Ah ok, i do think that above the ridge seems too offer better protection, or like the photo I posted, half way up the door. (My D2 had them half way up the door and I never suffered any dents thankfully).

Did he say why they were advised too fit above the ridge??

Just want too get as much information as possible before I get them fitted, as once they are removed, its virtually impossible too reapply them 100%. Should be ready too pick up from the painters tomorrow Smile
  • Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

It would seem my pm’s arent working for some reason. It was purely about aesthetics i think, no other reason.

S
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ok thanks Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Door mouldings

Finally getting round too fitting the door protectors this weekend. I was toying with the idea of spending nearly £400 on the rubber ones from LR and get them resprayed gloss black at an additional cost but decided against it incase the paint flaked off when using the powerwasher.

So I ended up purchasing these online at 1/4 of the price. Already came with the gloss/piano black finish and instead of rubber, these are solid sturdy plastic with very little give. Came with 3m tape on the back, and a little heat from the hairdryer should do the trick.

Only issue is where too put them on. Below the crease of the door, above it, or the middle of the door like the D4? Decisions. Rolling Eyes

Seen all 3 variations on here and am favouring the middle of the door if am honest.

The sidesteps are wider than the LR ones and protect the doors better from other car doors. Will see what part of the door is most vulnerable and go from there.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes, before anyone asks they are go faster stripes too match the paddle extensions.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Took some more photos of the door strips this evening. Apologies for the sun reflecting in some of them, along with my reflection. Really pleased with the end result. Seem too match the cars colour perfectly and the 3M tape is like superglue. You could hang a horse from them, as rock solid. Laughing
    Will take more photos once cars properly cleaned and less sunshine.

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

They look alright, a lot better than the throwing stars anyway 😂

Been considering some myself, in Night Rider Red Whistle

How did you get on with the Black Badges ? C pillar ones in particular ? Are they an exact fit ?

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Photos don't do the strips justice. Can't seem too get a decent photo at all, with all the sunlight, even though am using a 23 mp camera. Crying or Very sad

I will post up proper photos once the detailer has finished with the car. I need too put all the bits on the car before it goes in for the ceramic coating at the end of the month.

The badges have been ordered. Still not arrived. I will put up pics once changed over the weekend. Measured all of them, so should be a perfect fit. Will keep you posted. Thumbs Up

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 16th Apr 2018 9:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Thumbs Up

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Chalkys HSE wrote:
    They look alright, a lot better than the throwing stars anyway 😂

Been considering some myself, in Night Rider Red Whistle

How did you get on with the Black Badges ? C pillar ones in particular ? Are they an exact fit ?

Chalky, all 4 badges arrived yesterday, as have the replacement wheel cap centres.

Yes all are an exact fit, and i measured before ordering. Looking really good.

The weekend plan is too fit them all. I will post before and after photos once they are all replaced, and it they float your boat i will PM you the details from where i obtained them. Thumbs Up
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

after having a couple of idiots bang their door against mine i've decided to get these, they are getting installed this thursday will post pics Smile

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

I had door moulding fitted and I’m pleased with the look. I haven’t painted them I thought if the painted moulding got banged the paint might crack and peel off.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

The ones I purchased are not painted, so no.chance of the paint cracking. If you look at the previous page you will see the back ends are white whilst front is black. Must have added the black during the manufacturing process/injection moulding stage I think. Mine are solid with hardly any flex. Seems like the black is already mixed into the plastic as it's definately not painted.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

ok so i took the car in today to have them installed (black ones) and thank f*** i know them and i msg'd one of the mechanics asking him to send me pics of how they r doing... and glad i did cos guess what they had installed them in the wrong place! basically the guy confused the instructions with the D4 and installed them half way up the bloody door! needless to say that they got removed and a new set have been ordered but now i have to wait another week or so Sad

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum