Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Huxey
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Great! Now to decide it keep them matte black or have them painted to match the Black Pack gloss.

HSE Lux TD6 Carpathian Grey, 20" Black Pack + loaded with options.
    Previously: 2011 BMW X5 MSport 35i Carbon Black
  • eeemkeen
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aintree Green

They do look good!

Looks like they offer a bit of protection for the the bulge on the lower portion of the doors.. However they seem pricey for what they are..

Andy
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

PeterW wrote:
    Just had mine fitted, would protect from ordinary size cars

They look great, definately think I'll have some now. Just debating whether to get some from duckworths or let the dealer fit.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

PeterW wrote:
    "Can this be installed at the dealer? I think I would like to add them to mine. Thanks."

Yes dealer just fitted them.

Click image to enlarge

Love the colour combo. Given the choice I would’ve gone for the same.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 

On mine. Silver version. Sorry for the dirty car.

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Anyone got the silver door protectors on a black car?
    Am having a bit of a dilemma. Cars black with silver wheels. Not sure too get the matt black ones painted gloss too match the black pack, or just get the silver ones too match the wheels. Roof rails also black. Only worry is that the silver may pitt and perish over time and water ingress will make them look tarnished, a bit like what happens too the plastic centre wheel caps that are on the LR wheels, after a year or so.
    The more I look at the black gloss wheels, I am beginning to wish I had ordered them now. Have seen a few on the site which look really smart, and are starting too grow on me now. I never went for black wheels as I thought the whole car would be too black if that makes sense. Shocked
    Any photos appreciated. Thumbs Up
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 

I had black wheels on my previous car (the car was white) it looks very good, but scratches on the black wheels is a pain because the lack is very thin and you see the bare aluminium on the scratch. So decided to go standard

• Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

Here you go heres mine, i really like them. They wont pit unless you neglect them badly.

What i have noticed though is mine is the only one with them fitted above the door crease! The dealer fitted them like that i shall have a word...........

[quote="Road Runner 2017"]Anyone got the silver door protectors on a black car?
    Am having a bit of a dilemma. Cars black with silver wheels. Not sure too get the matt black ones painted gloss too match the black pack, or just get the silver ones too match the wheels. Roof rails also black. Only worry is that the silver may pitt and perish over time and water ingress will make them look tarnished, a bit like what happens too the plastic centre wheel caps that are on the LR wheels, after a year or so.
    The more I look at the black gloss wheels, I am beginning to wish I had ordered them now. Have seen a few on the site which look really smart, and are starting too grow on me now. I never went for black wheels as I thought the whole car would be too black if that makes sense. Shocked
    Any photos appreciated. Thumbs Up[/quote
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Arslanoff wrote:
    I had black wheels on my previous car (the car was white) it looks very good, but scratches on the black wheels is a pain because the lack is very thin and you see the bare aluminium on the scratch. So decided to go standard

Was your previous car a LR as well ?? A bit worrying if it was, using thin paint/lacquer. I got told by a dealer that LR diamond polished wheels / 2 tone wheels were far superior too Audi which have a reputation of tarnishing over time due too road salt etc. (Collegue at work is on his 3 set of replacement wheels under warranty on his Golf Gti, and religiously washes the wheels weekly. Even after all the tlc the wheels still corroded, and he advised me too avoid like the plague, even though they look smart). Can't remember dealers exact words, but said that they won't pitt or corrode as they use a different curing process. I was still not convinced, hence opted for plain silver ones.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks for the photos Hissinsid. Very Happy
    When I originally saw the door protectors I thought they were far too low. Ours were also below the ridge, but looked as if were originally put on above the ridge like yours, before they realised their mistake and rectified it. Left both sides badly marked above the ridge when were taken off. Yours look too be correct height in my opinion, i.e. look better above the ridge than below it.Thumbs Up
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 

Was a VW. But scratches can appear on any of them.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thumbs Up
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi Hissingsid. Set at that height they look like they will give better protection to the doors. Also look good.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

+ 1 on that. I forgot too mention that Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

According too the online brochure the side protectors are fitted just under the door ridge. I have seen some cars on here with them fitted above the ridge and some half way up the door.

Can anyone give me feedback as I assume the ones fitted half way up the door will offer the most protection, as opposed too the bottom of the door, or am I wrong?

Just want too double check before I fit mine on. I think the ones half way up the door, look the best, and less chance of the glue coming adrift from the sticky pads. as opposed too the ones down below, getting constantly soaked by rainwater. The ones on last car came adrift within 2 weeks and were fitted below the ridge.

Thanks Thumbs Up

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum