Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

The 18 litre tank ought to give a range of 9,000 miles'ish. That's half what the D4 delivered for the same size of tank. So, previously it made sense, as the range exceeded the service interval. That is no longer the case.

I'll get the service plan anyway, and let them fill the brute up at those points, but I won't be bothering using up two hours plus of my time going to Yeovil, hanging around whilst the filling takes place, then getting home again.

Much easier just to buy a 10 litre can, and do it at home.

Once the range shows as sub 4,000 miles, the tank ought to take 10 litres roughly. I'd use half the cost of that in diesel alone just driving backwards and forwards to the dealer! And, although the AdBlue free with the plan is made a big thing of, the bigger deal with the plan is reducing the overall service costs.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

My D4 likes a drink of the blue stuff i get about 6k miles to 10 litres. I just treat it like topping up the screen wash its no hassle at all.

I wonder if they are coming from the factory with less fluid in them for weight? 10 litres of the stuff is quite heavy so they could be cutting some Kilos off the advertised kerb weight by shipping it with less in it?

Last edited by RDR on 2nd May 2017 6:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

winger wrote:
    The 18 litre tank ought to give a range of 9,000 miles'ish. That's half what the D4 delivered for the same size of tank. So, previously it made sense, as the range exceeded the service interval. That is no longer the case.

I'll get the service plan anyway, and let them fill the brute up at those points, but I won't be bothering using up two hours plus of my time going to Yeovil, hanging around whilst the filling takes place, then getting home again.

Much easier just to buy a 10 litre can, and do it at home.

Once the range shows as sub 4,000 miles, the tank ought to take 10 litres roughly. I'd use half the cost of that in diesel alone just driving backwards and forwards to the dealer! And, although the AdBlue free with the plan is made a big thing of, the bigger deal with the plan is reducing the overall service costs.

Think you can go into any dealers if you have the service plan and they have to fill it up for you and free

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Well, yes, but they are the closest.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Can anyone confirm that top up is not associated with any reset that has to done by a dealer. My first refill is coming in about 1500k and its much easier for me to do it than spend half a day getting to the dealers and back .

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Just had my 4th full up. Car has done 18k. All paid for by service plan. At £30 a go via a dealer, the service plan will pay for itself in AdBlue top ups alone at this rate....
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

...and apparent.y it takes a fair bit longer if you wait until <500 mile warning. I get it done as soon as the warning comes on. I've generally waited 20 mins while Harwoods in Pulborough have done it.
  • Flat Earther
    United Kingdom 

Or at £11.50 for 10 litres at Morrison’s it’s even cheaper!
    It’s no more difficult than filling the washer reservoir and requires no dealer reset Thumbs Up
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Blackfly wrote:
    Can anyone confirm that top up is not associated with any reset that has to done by a dealer. My first refill is coming in about 1500k and its much easier for me to do it than spend half a day getting to the dealers and back .

I am a long way from my dealer and I just top it up myself, nothing to reset, the range will increase just by topping up.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 

Perfect I assumed this would be the case but ya never know!

• Blackfly
    Canada 

All done, I did manage to spill some I need a wider funnel spout I think. The fill rate seemed slow. There was a flexible hose thingy with the DEF but I couldn’t get it to work. Never mind, the next refill is in 9000k and yes the war in.g did reset.

So thanks again for the advice. I have to say this is reason to be a member .

• Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Where are you guys buying it do DIY refill? Is it LR or do Halfords, Tesco etc do it? Interesting that they sell it on forecourts along with fuel, I'll have to look out for that when i get the car back to the UK.

I'll certainly check the range on mine when I collect on 20 Feb.
  • Flat Earther
    United Kingdom 

Morrison’s forecourt at £11.50 for 10 litres.

It comes with a flexible hose that fits into the tank’s filler neck very nicely, but take your time (especially when the container is still full) as it needs a little time for the AdBlue in the container to be displaced by incoming air. Also, it’s worth waiting until your “mileage remaining” is less than 1,500 to 2,000 to make sure that you can empty the container in one go.

Any that you do spill on the paintwork is harmless and can simply be rinsed off, once the cap has been replaced on the AdBlue reservoir.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum