Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Here's photos of my cameras, I also have power pro battery fitted.

It was money well spent, when you think of the cost of the car it's a small price to pay. When I change my car I will have taken out and put into my next car.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Labbix

Hi Chalkey

Where did you put the Battery pack?

I have this one, but it’s quite big and heavy:

• chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

chaos_theory wrote:
    Dangerdave wrote:
    I’ve got a Blackvue and I put it where you’ve got it. I am still trying to work out where to bung the rear camera without dismantling the vehicle.

I'll take a pic of my rear camera tomorrow

Here you are. The cable is jammed between the glass and the rear trim panel until it goes under the panel in the corner before going out of the tailgate and under the headlining.

Andrew
  • Chalkey
    England 

Hi I had the cameras fitted but they put the battery pack behind the passenger glove box they also used a spare fuse in the fuse box there. I paid about £80 to have it fitted I just thought for the cost it's peace of mind and a small price to pay when you think of the cost of the car.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Labbix

Hi

Thanks for the pics and the reply. Good to see the cables are long enough to reach the back of the car and that it doesn’t matter where you have the camera, being up or down the windscreen.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Hi, thanks that’s where I’d put it, but what about the cable between the tailgate and the rear of the car? Where does the cable go?

I’d normally go for threading it through the rubber grommets that the other wires go through, but that would cause problems getting access to it from the tailgate section.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Chalkey, could you give us a walk-through on how you routed the power cable in the boot? What panels did you remove? Can we get a picture of how cable enters the boot across the gap between rear hatch and truck body? Thanks

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • Chalkey
    England 

Hi from the fuse box behind front passenger glove they pushed the cable were the carpet meets the plastic trim. Once in to the boot/trunk they came higher towards the rear window, then up the side boot/trunk door. Over to the middle of the roof and feed the cable through the cable trunking and pushed the cable down the side of the boot/trunk door. The only panel they took off was the lower part of the boot/trunk door which you unscrew the inside grab handle and it pulls off (which you don't use if you have a powered tailgate)

I will put some photos on, it did take a good few hours that's why I had it fitted. I think the rear camera is better lower part of the window because it doesn't impair your rear vision.

Last edited by Chalkey on 2nd Jun 2019 9:28 pm. Edited 2 times in total

• Chalkey
    England 

The plastic discovery tread plate trim just pulls off, them slicks back in place.

Rear door

• Chalkey
    England 

Hope that helps👍

• Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Thanks Mate!

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • Labbix

Yep, thanks a lot for these, appreciated!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, interesting. I was contemplating running the lead via the top, near the headlining rather than the bottom.

I am still wondering how easy it is to run a lead through the rubber tail grommet. It’s the bit from there to the eventual resting place of the camera I am still a bit confused about.
  • MURPHY108
    United Kingdom 

Hi All ,

I've followed all the above instructions on how to get the cable to the rear blackvue (thanks all) , I've got as far as getting it through the grommet from the headlining and through to the tailgate but now I'm stuck as to where to go next .

I can't for the life of me see how to get the cable from there to the centre of the glass , would prefer it on the top of the glass if possible.

Any help or photo,s much appreciated Confused

Thanks
  • Chalkey
    England 

Hi Murphy if your the camera at the top carnt you come from the head lining leave a loop of wire to the camera. So when you open the tale gate there's enough wire so the camera not pulled off the glass, and when the talegate door is closed you wouldn't see through your rear mirror.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum