Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

RR2017: in Albania everything is legal Wink I used mine here for a while, but the moment they see me with their speed gun, which can be 500 meters far and still gives them very clear image, the detector picks up, what makes it pointless to use. They had the same speed guns in South Africa with the same results, so it’s only good for the other speed cameras, which they don’t use in Albania.

In Belgium police will confiscate your car when they find/detect a detector, they do not joke with it... and you get a huge fine as well.

Regarding the dashcam: I’m especially interested in the pics from the back one to see where you have put it and where the cable goes. Thanks in advance!
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Thanks to @Tazdaz i got the netting for the boot Smile

Click image to enlarge

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Trip to the tip with a trailer full of garden waste. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the D5 recognises a trailer with LED lights, something the D4 didn't do so the parking sensors would always go off when reversing.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

A Photo at last.

Decided it was time for a pic of our batmobile!
    doing her stuff.

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Ah ha, but the mud is brown not black! Laughing
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

haha!

wifes not to impressed but i said get used to it..(its technically her car)..
    AT Tyres need to be sorted, hate going off Tarmec with these tyres on...i stick ATs on everything normally.

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Wives are never impressed, it’s in their genes. I am normally in the dog house, but doubly today as the eldest is at home doing final revision for a medicine exam. He doesn’t have a SOH and says my devil may care attitude is “inappropriate.” Rolling Eyes
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

hmmm yes that roll of the eyes and that "why is dad so strange look" Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ah well my kids love cars and my youngest is nuts about greenlaninng etc so makes life easy. Cool

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Good, you seem sorted. Thumbs Up I am booking my eldest onto a a full days LR Experience in the hope he may actually enjoy it and have fun. It may stop his adoration for sports cars and hatred of anything 4x4.

Perhaps he might like a shot of a Defender. I’d have to give him a hammer and tell him if it plays up, just hit the offending part with it. I can just see his face!
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

Did the Marine Drive a couple of times....testing it for Rally GB Laughing Laughing

• Fish4funjb
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

Built trailer adapter to see LED

Got tired not being able to choose tow mode for my boat. My 21 foot boat has led light trailer which D5 doesn’t see when I hook up. So built an adapter to trick the D5 and works finally. I have 2 stickers for trialed and making a plate to hold them as well. At least today I was finally able to get boat trailer to recognize it attached and find the target while asking. Thumbs Up Next will clean it up to look better.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I think this is fixed in MY18. I had a trailer with LED lights hooked up a couple of weeks ago which the car recognised, turning off the reversing sensors etc.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

Agreed i had one when we had the courtesy Lux with tow assist etc and it recognized fine.

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Land Rover Experience day.

At Getabout training's property west of Lithgow, Marangaroo National Park and Lidsdale State Forest.
    I've done plenty of off road trips with the D4 and for me this was more to check behaviour of terrain response settings. Most notable change with terrain response I find is sand mode. In the D4 it was useful at traffic lights to get away quickly but in the D5 the car moves away slowly then progressively moves faster.

Well run and knowledgeable instructors, an enjoyable day despite 25mm of rain.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Went to the Sydney 4WD show today, picked up some Thule wingbars while they were on offer.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum