Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Enjoyed the most amazing weather (yesterday). When it's nice up here, apart from the sea being cold, you really could think you were somewhere far more tropical with the colour of the water and how clear it is!

Can anyone name this particular spot?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I was working out that I’ve only ventured into England once in 5 years and that was to pick up a car and drive home. Max of 5 hours south of Hadrians Wall. I didn’t hang about.

Likewise, Ive actually only been south of Inverness 4 times in that time and that was to look at Unis.

I wonder why? Laughing

Not very good photo from the bedroom window today, but sums it up.

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I know why...., You hadn't had your passport stampted!!
    Any way you lazy so and so, get up out of bed and give us a better photo of the full view Laughing

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Last week photo from the kids bedroom.

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

From work just a few minutes ago...far left is *the* Cheyenne Mountain, Pikes Peak just left of center, and the US Air Force Academy along the Front Range ("Rampart Range") of the Rockies. The mountains are still getting tons of snow above about 10,000 feet, ski season still going with good spring corn.

Click image to enlarge
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

both stunning. I must admit though, I really love the North American scenery, my favourite journey 140 onto 120 Merced to Lake Mono . and for those that like something different, Bryce canyon Hoodoos, Utah

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Not nearly as stunning as your pics and to be honest a bit boring... Very Happy but my Disco had its second service done. I asked for the ICTP 19A update, which was done under warranty and I got the rear break plates replaced after 38000 km (a bit soon, but they did it for 350€), the detail what they did will come togehter with the bill... I got the call at 2 p.m. that the car was finished.

I got a loan Jaguar XE 2.0 for 100€ a day, which was a little surprising, for all my other appointments (1 service, several warranty things), I always got a loan car for free..

MY17 HSE Luxury Corris Grey 3.0 si6 with Black Pack 21 inch
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Picked up car this evening. Been in since Monday, getting latest software update, door card sorted and door caps both changed over. Rear passenger air vent was also replaced.
    The software update was supposed to address the No Forward Detection Available, but it's still not fixed Rolling Eyes
    Getting in touch with Customer Services tomorrow, as its not worked since day 1. Payed for something thats not functioning at all, which is a supposed safety feature Shocked

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

My air vents were replaced twice as well (rear door and ceiling). Definitely not the strongest, too thin plastic used for the clips I suppose.

Strange they can not get the forward alert working, makes me think your AEB will not work neither. With mine that got sorted after 6 months or so, they replaced a module and of course lots of software updates.
  • Labbix

Sorry, I see it’s the forward detection problem you have not the forward alert, my mistake. Anyhow, that’s on and off with mine as well, but speed related I think. Keep us informed if they fixed it!
  • cji73
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Yulong White

Drove about 300kms or 186 miles on gravel roads. These D5's are incredible on gravel. Hold the road like on rails.

I find the standard tyres are far more robust than on the LR4s.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

They are fantastic on the groomed stuff, but I dumped the tires (I had the Goodyears) after I punctured on a pebble of gravel about the size of the end of my little finger and was stuck changing the wheel at 12,000 feet in the mud in a snow squall.

Did about 60 miles on gravel after the 2017 solar eclipse through southern Wyoming and it was phenomenal:

• Whippetman
    England 

Just a wash and wood walk!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Wife’s car on an afternoon jaunt.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Whippetman wrote:

Just a wash and wood walk!

Love the Racing Green colour.

Seems you missed a bit on the front lower wheel arch Laughing

A set of mudflaps me thinks Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum