↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Handy looking trailer Thumbs Up

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

BigCol66, it is very handy for bulky stuff like 6x4 plasterboard sheets, and planks of wood.

I got a good deal on it. Saved £500, so i went for the fully braked version instead of the unbraked 4 wheel version, which was the exact same price.

The unbraked still only takes 750kg max, so seemed a bit pointless having 2 axles yet only a 750kg maximum payload. Defeats the purpose in my opinion, as a normal single axle trailer can hold 750kg.

Being a no brainer i opted for the braked version with double the load capacity, which was my intention anyway from the start, but the saving was an added bonus.

It worked out half the price of the Ifor Williams. I ended up purchasing side extensions as well, and bought a smaller trailer 4x3 with caged side extensions and it also came with fitted shock absorbers. Its also the same brand.

I use the smaller one alot more. My biggest annoyance is when they rattle and bounce up and down alot. Drives me nuts, but both are very quiet and having shock absorbers makes it miles better.

As much as i like the Ifor Williams i could not justify purchasing one as i only use the bigger one about 6 times a year, whereas the smaller one i use weekly or fortnightly. The IW was always rattling and bouncing about, which put me of. More chance of getting stolen. Have Microdotted both of them.

Picking up an American FF over the weekend so i took off the load bars, but will be putting them back on this weekend. Not paying £50 delivery when I can do it myself and fill up half the tank with petrol with the money saved Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    I would never overload it. Asking for trouble. Not worth the risk of a fine or damaging the trailer components.
    Did 2 trips, one with coal bags, the other with logs. Trailer was fully brimmed both times.
    Even though the logs were in 1 tonne builder bags, unlike sand or pebbles which are alot denser, the 3 bags were roughly 400-500kg each.
    The trailer could have held more logs as the suspension was no way near as maxxed out compared to the coal run, which was exactly the maximum allowed weight.
    Not to mention, with the seats down, the boot can also hold 900kg max, so plenty of extra space if need be.

What trailer is it please

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Russell it's the Daxara 239x4F braked version. It's their top of the range model, with the biggest capacity. I also have the Daxara 127 which is smaller, but unbraked.
    Same company as Erde but the difference is that Daxara is seen as their premium model. They usually have thicker panels and shock absorbers as standard compared to the Erde models.
    It weighs 300kg empty. I also put on extra side extension panels which are heavy as they are double skinned, along with a metal toolbox, a spare wheel, 2 x load bars, 2 x heavy duty prop stands and a thick waterproof vinyl cover, so it weighs in excess of 300kg now.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 4th Dec 2020 5:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • RichardF
    United Kingdom 

Fitted johnson 1.5" lift rods and 20" wheels with 275 55r20
    BF Goodrich KO2 tyres.

MY2020 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Eiger grey, Dynamic Pack, Tech pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Electrically deployable towbar, Center console coolbox
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Russell it's the Daxara 239x4F braked version. It's their top of the range model, with the biggest capacity. I also have the Daxara 127 which is smaller, but unbraked.
    Same company as Erde but the difference is that Daxara is seen as their premium model. They usually have thicker panels and shock absorbers as standard compared to the Erde models.
    It weighs 300kg empty. I also put on extra side extension panels which are heavy as they are double skinned, along with a metal toolbox, a spare wheel, 2 x load bars, 2 x heavy duty prop stands and a thick waterproof vinyl cover, so it weighs in excess of 300kg now.

Thanks

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

No problem Russell Thumbs Up

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Very Happy
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Think I’ve convinced the other half to buy this housing plot. All you can see, It goes back to the tree line, sort of large, but then I don’t do neighbours.

Last edited by Darras on 23rd Feb 2021 7:06 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Darras, nice area for your own 4x4 track me thinks. Get the D5 to do some serious mud plugging Very Happy Thumbs Up

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thanks both. I had it on the back burner, it was just a matter of convincing SWMBO, but I think I’ve pulled that off surprisingly. It’s got PP, but no hurry to build, I’ve got detailed plans for one we never had built.

Last edited by Darras on 23rd Feb 2021 7:06 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Very Happy

Last edited by Darras on 23rd Feb 2021 7:07 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

This afternoon. Thumbs Up
  • bammmy

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    I would never overload it. Asking for trouble. Not worth the risk of a fine or damaging the trailer components.
    Did 2 trips, one with coal bags, the other with logs. Trailer was fully brimmed both times.
    Even though the logs were in 1 tonne builder bags, unlike sand or pebbles which are alot denser, the 3 bags were roughly 400-500kg each.
    The trailer could have held more logs as the suspension was no way near as maxxed out compared to the coal run, which was exactly the maximum allowed weight.
    Not to mention, with the seats down, the boot can also hold 900kg max, so plenty of extra space if need be.

Out of interest where did you get your logs from, as I’m now based in Fortrose and will be ready for some logs pretty soon👍
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum