Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Gabby
    United Kingdom 

I don't understand Intelligent Seat Fold!

Hi,

I've ordered a HSE - due in early Nov. Unlike the HSE Lux, it doesn't come with intelligent seat fold as standard. I want to be able to fold the seats down electrically but am not at all bothered about doing it on a smartphone.

I don't really understand what the Intelligent Seat Fold option adds - is anyone able to offer some advice please?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

The HSE has, as standard, all that you are looking for. The intelligent bit gives you seat control (and the ability to drop the rear headrests) from the car touchscreen or using the App.

HSE spec gives you full electronic control, but you have to use the buttons in the boot or by the rear seats.
  • J77
    Scotland 

I believe HSE you can fold the seats electronically but the intelligent option adds the smartphone capability.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Hi Gabby,

I regret not getting this option. I agree with the what would i use it for. However after driving it for a few days i am thinking it would be nice just to drop the rear head rests to give me better view in the rear window. I am also sure occasionally it would be nice to fold/unfold seats without leaving the driving seat.

Is it something I could live without. absolutely but yep I wished I had choosen it.

I remember 10 years ago when i bought my toyota kluger it came with heated seats and i thought what a Censored . But now i would never buy a car without them. Its just the little things that make it all that much better.
  • Gabby
    United Kingdom 

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the advice - useful to hear from people who already have the car.

I'm probably leaning towards not adding it but, Jacko, do the headrests block the view out of the back window much?
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Jacko wrote:
    I am also sure occasionally it would be nice to fold/unfold seats without leaving the driving seat.

You can fold/unfold the seats from the driver's seat via the main screen without any extra options. Everything you want to do is standard on the HSE.

Click image to enlarge

I do find the headrests a little distracting so I have them down unless there are occupants in the rear.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

My HSE does not have this option, iBut it is LHD just like your piccy Very Happy

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

From the web site:-

The Intelligent Seat Fold technology can be activated in four different ways, including the remote function tried and tested by Bear Grylls. Closer to the ground, switches within the luggage area and on the C-pillar allow the seats to be moved or folded while standing beside the vehicle. Row two and three seats can also be raised and lowered using the main touchscreen display on the dashboard.

Land Rover’s InControl Remote app allows customers using both iOS and Android smartphones to connect with New Discovery from anywhere in the world, making it possible to perform a variety of functions. From confirming all the windows are closed or checking the fuel level to setting the air conditioning or monitoring its location, the advanced technology brings new levels of customer convenience and connectivity to the premium SUV market.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

Intelligent seat fold is optional on the HSE, standard on the HSE Lux
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Hi Winger,

Its not on my car. I picked up car last week. yes slack for not posting pics but enjoying car too much.

I only have option to heat the seats. Sorry I have HSE Lux.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

Mark is in the UK and the spec I referred to was for UK vehicles. Non-UK market vehicles, even within the EU, have different specs. Intelligent seat fold is standard on the HSE Lux in the UK.
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Thanks Winger..

Why would it be country specific is beyond me. Thanks for reply. Would you know if it could be retrofitted in after the fact.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

I suspect that it is technically possible, but probably not practically (or at a cost that would make the upgrade viable - if you could actually source the parts you needed).
  • Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

It can also be that local vehicle construction regs don't permit it so you cannot accidentally squash small people and pets.............. USA spec seems not to allow adaptive LED headlights and there are even national rules within the EU for side marker lights and DRL's to be of different configuration to the UK. So it maybe that in Aus remote control of the seat folding is a safety issue with the vehicle inspectorate.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

having said my HSE is without this option, I am sitting in the office twiddling with the incontrol remote as you do, and the remote now has a seat fold screen. In fact the remote app is now showing journeys in London in May....it is looking like a demo version of the app......How strange Question

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum