Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• fisherman
    United Kingdom 

That seems a much better idea than the Brodit solution. I was concerned that the vent mount would put my 360 degree caravan monitor too high but the bent Ali idea will put it where it is in my D4. This has made me think I should take the D4 mount out and use it in a slightly modified way to fit the D5. Thumbs Up

Cancelled my order for 18MY HSE Luxury TD6 in Byron Blue with Oyster/Riems blue. Full Dynamic pack with deployable tow bar, Drive Pro pack, cubby fridge, 22" 5011's, ugly kid glass, mudflaps, passenger footwell net and adaptive headlights.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Just installed the Brodit mount as far right (right hand drive) as possible in the driver side air vent.

Works great. Highly visible and nice and high up (could use as a dash cam maybe if needed).

Cable routing means it only just covers the very top right of the screen so nothing bad. One thing I can fathom out is how to route the cable along the central console area (gear, terrain response, park brake area) as the trim tool won't budge the gap open.

But anyway, happy with how this set up works.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Any photos? Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

No

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

But I will pop out and take some Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Here you go. Phone doesn’t extend blow bottom of cradle so it doesn’t block touch screen.

Drivers view (as best I could)

Cable Routing - Still need to tidy up.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks for that Thumbs Up

I may have too i order 1 myself now Very Happy

Excellent interior colour choice by the way Cool
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

I love the interior - was worried as I've always had black / dark previously. Only issue is denim stains on the edge of the seat where I slide in and out. Have to clean the seat regularly.

The holder is still special order as its a new product but i got it from the distributor in Worcester. Emailed them and they sent a link to order it.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i connected my iPhone X via cable so that i'd get the album art & charged etc... but the wife wasn't very happy about having cables around in the new car, women huh lol,

so i decided to test the bluetooth... works fine with music info and art work for me in general. there are times when it won't get the art work, very few actually, but it will on the next song for some reason.

so what i've done is i've put a little wireless charging pad i got off ebay ages ago, costs like £5 and when the phone is properly put and charging a blue light goes ON so i know that it is actually charging straight away and easily, in the gap under the climate controls obviously powered by the lighter socket there too... works a treat. so no cables, phone charges, quick easy access if needs be and music plays perfectly even from spotify streaming (not just downloaded songs/albums) pretty happy with it.

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Any photos ??? Laughing
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

I prefer to see my phone screen and also if selecting music it's far easier than the ICTP as that doesn't even have a search function and doesn't filter out music that's streamed and not downloaded to my phone. To do that with Apple Music I have to use IC Apps which is crap.

Also at those times I need t use Waze or TomTom apps i can fire them up quickly. The Pro Nav is good but its very slow to report traffic and re-route.

I also know if SWBO has texted me with 'instructions' so I can action them immediately Rolling with laughter

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

simonh wrote:
    I love the interior - was worried as I've always had black / dark previously. Only issue is denim stains on the edge of the seat where I slide in and out. Have to clean the seat regularly.

The holder is still special order as its a new product but i got it from the distributor in Worcester. Emailed them and they sent a link to order it.

Initially went for the Nimbus interior on the FE. Also specced the Hse Lux with the same interior. Already had a black interior on the D4, and wife wanted a change. Looked at a black D5 with black interior and it looked more compact/smaller and obviously darker than the nimbus. Hence as car exterior was black, went for lighter interior which looks more spacious. Its funny how a specific colour can change the perception or look. The one concern we did have was seats getting soiled, and the dreaded dye from jeans. Wet wipes work a treat. However am looking at a seat cover, but the LR ones are an extortionate price, £250 odd for front 2 covers, plus are are a really tight fit and not easy too take off if needing washed. Also looking too protect the seats as well with a water resistant coating as well, as the exterior is getting a coating as well. Will report my findings in due course.

Any chance you can send the link for the phone holder please, thanks Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Here you go :

https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/L...655310.htm

Yeah wet wipes clean anything !

Will be interested in a clear coating. I think the seats already have one but it wears off easily.

Keep me posted Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks simonh I will do Thumbs Up
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I have a combination of magnet holder and wireless charger, so it charges when attached and no wires needed to connect/disconnect. Very good quality, made of aluminium. I have it attached with 3M not to cover the air flow, but it can be attached to the air grill. ut wireless charging works only with Samsung phones and latest iPhones.

Link to the shop
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Baseus-Mag...sstype=600

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum