Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

J77 wrote:
    Received an email back from LR, basically saying driving style affects the service indicator but there is updates coming in the new year Rolling Eyes

"Dear Owner:

It's your fault, but we're working on a fix anyway.

Sincerely,
    Land Rover"

Laughing Very Happy Neutral Mad
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • J77
    Scotland 

Pretty much, and I waited a week for that reply.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

That's LR concierge service for you Laughing
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Well, had mine back in about two weeks ago - after I showed my SA the bulletin posted earlier in this thread, he offered a free oil change and to pull the session files per the mystery disappearing service bulletin, but noted that he could not find that bulletin anywhere and that the format of the numbering scheme didn't match what he's used to seeing. He did qualify that LR-North America is almost a different entity from the "home market" and there's stuff they never see here.

Dropped it off at 8am, they called at 1pm to say it was ready. I couldn't pick it up right away, had to wait till after work.

Got a call at 4pm asking if they could keep it another day - said that LR-North America called them back after reviewing the files, and asked for "more tests". The SA was quite surprised that they'd call back so soon - he didn't expect to hear anything for a few days.

Dealer ran whatever extra tests were required and submitted results to LR-NA; LR-NA said they could release the vehicle back to me after reviewing the files and apparently finding nothing of consequence.

Have had a few road trips into the mountains for skiing, otherwise mostly normal driving around town; so far my Next Service range seems to be dropping only a little faster than 1:1 driving mileage.

Edit: forgot to mention, I always disable my auto stop-start now as well. Personal choice, not at recommendation of SA.

Last edited by DieselRanger on 28th Dec 2017 2:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Craigp
    England 

I've done 6865 miles, now saying oil change in 350 miles.
    3 litre engine.
    I will contact my dealer.
  • Craigp
    England 

Checked when oil change due again today. Now saying 0 miles.
    Just booked it in with the dealer for the 10th January they will do it whilst i wait. Oil & filter change. Im assuming all covered by warranty or the service package. Didn't ask Shocked
  • J77
    Scotland 

Mines due it’s first service in March, it’s service warning is on at the moment but I’ll leave it until then.

I’m done with taking this thing to the dealers, and will be getting moved on at some point this year.

Shame as I like the car itself.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • DCCHO48
    United Kingdom 

Just found the forum-very pleased I did.
    Have on order a D5 3.0 diesel HSE, due for delivery to me on March 1st. Somewhat horrified to see the long list of folks reporting problems relating to the fuel diluting the engine oil issue and subsequent early service indicator warnings. As I understand it, this problem only relates to the Diesel engine and is primarily caused by the DPF being mounted further from the engine than it should, which stops it getting to a high enough temperature to work correctly-(please correct me if this is not the case). I am thinking of cancelling my order and ordering a Si6 petrol engine version instead. I assume this would be clear of the fuel diluting the engine oil problem, but are there any other known serious problems with this engine?
    I have seen many reports of the early service indicator warnings, but are these all on diesel engined vehicles? The early postings seemed to suggest it was a software issue but I assume this might have been before the full extent of the problem became apparent.
    Indeed I cannot see how Land Rover can fix the original problem without a fairly major redesign.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Not sure of the petrol engine, I'll leave others to comment on that, but would say I think (beleive) the issues with the Diesel engine are software/monitoring related rather than a real problem. See page 7 DieselRangers ideas.

I only picked up mine last week so to early to say if it has or will be an issue for me.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Since my cars up-date back in September I have had no issues, and my car is getting close to 12,000 miles. So im thinking its a software/sensor issue rather than a major design problem.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

That's the reason I have reordered a petrol instead of another diesel, which I already had issues with. The amount of negative posts on here had put me right off. Heres hoping the petrol is trouble free, but am not sure what issues, if any, the petrol unit has. So far the handful who have a petrol have had no issues that am aware off, apart from the fact it drinks like a 🐠. Rolling with laughter
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

AndrewS wrote:
    Since my cars up-date back in September I have had no issues, and my car is getting close to 12,000 miles. So im thinking its a software/sensor issue rather than a major design problem.

I do hope that's the case...mine seems to be doing fine now. I didn't get an update other than the one for the Incorrect DEF Quality error, but that was well before the service interval went to zero. I'm at a little under 6,000 and it's still showing 9,800 miles to next service, have put on about 700 miles since the oil change.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I have experienced the same as you, had the DEF quality issue back in June last year since then seamless. I am getting a you need DEF in 2400km notification which leaves me plenty of time to react. Have not decided if I will do the top up myself or book in to the dealers

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Craigp
    England 

Took my car in for a oil& filter change due to service light being on. Checked before hand who was responsible for cost told it was a warranty issue. I elected to wait as only an hours job, Two& half hours later told its ready, also informed oil change not carried out as it must be carried out under my service plan due to the Oil test they have carried out being outside their limits (Its worse) for it to be a warranty issue, apparently my driving style. Informed they will do the full service reset the warning then I return it after 12000 miles or 1 year which ever is the sooner. So you have fixed the early warning then, was my question? Oh no was the answer so I could be back in 7000 miles again? well yes . So why did you imply I would get 12000 miles out of it. Silence.
    I then mentioned I had read that due to the early literature not advertising the engine was crap that LR were carrying out oil changes under warranty. After a discussion with the manager they agreed to a free oil change but that looks like the dealership is picking up the cost. So well done to them but LR must get their finger out and fix this
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum