Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Mine was in for the update including the air suspension and tow bar mod. The satnav now seems to be locked at the dealers location and doesn't detect when the car is moving. Any locations set start from the dealers address, it's like the gps is now broke. Confused
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Interesting, when I drove away from the dealer my position was moving but not following the road.

After about a half mile it suddenly jumped on to the correct location.
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 

I've just updated the maps in the hope it may reset something but it's still the same. I've done a couple of journeys now and no luck.
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I’ve got the Phase 3 Update (I recognize it on the Mountain Symbol that replaces the 4x4i Symbol).

I still have some problems with an iPhone 6 on iOS 11 and an iPhone 5 on iOS 10:

InControl Apps connects now without these annoying « please try again » and « contact landrover ... » messages, but instead of crashing the connection it just stays unresponsive. For example when I tab on Spotify, it does nothing. When I tab on the « play this source » button, it plays some random album I listened to sometime ago. But I dont get an Interface in the InControl Apps Screen, on my steering wheel I can go to the next song. In the normal Media Tab from the InControl (not Apps) the title is shown and the cover artwork is there.
    After several reconnections and some killing of both apps on my iPhone, the screen appears as wished for.
    I still use my iPhone 5 with iOS 10, it has less issues and works more reliably than the one with iOS 11 (concerning InControl Apps)
    Overall I think they did a great job with this update, but the InControl Apps seems to be a big mess and not that fun to support Wink

Other new features I’ve discovered so far:
    - new Settings menus, they seem less cluttered and better organized so that you don’t have to scroll as much
    - the Apple Phone Settings has a Selection of what will be loaded, for the moment you can choose NONE or InControl Apps, but it seems like this will be the place where we can select CarPlay or InControl Apps.
    - new red arrows on the camera overlay when reversing and it detects traffic from the side
    - new wallpapers (I love the one with the trees Wink )
    - Signal strength indicator for 3G
    - no more black screen while reversing after a short halt and getting out of the car

What I still miss and would like to have:
    - a real split-screen with the possibility to listen to music (with media interface) while also seeing the map
    - an always visible actual height information (not just hidden on the compass behind the 4x4i/mountain and the « yes I will pay attention while driving » message)
    - more widgets and more possibilities for customization
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Can anyone tell me what the bottom left camera looking icon should do? Mine seems to do absolutely nothing??
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

It only seems to work when you are not moving. Turns on the rear camera (or surround cameras I guess if fitted). The Disco Sports camera would turn on even when on the move. I had the 8” standard system so maybe the 10” Pro system is different?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Thanks Simon. I'll take a look when not moving. if it still doesnt work I guess its a good excuse to push for Phase 3 update.
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 

I've been told by the dealer there is another update due any time. Mine's now booked in for early Feb to have it done. Hopefully it will sort the issues out as it's a real PITA not having Nav working properly.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

The current Phase 3 makes the system much faster in my experince. Buttons now seem to react better and no long delays.

Has a weird daytime white theme now too. Looks a bit odd though IMO. Almost like a negative theme.

Will keep an eye out for the next update.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Maybe it's a snowy white Xmas theme 🎄 Rolling with laughter
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

You will not have time for jokes when you finally get this car! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Maybe it's a snowy white Xmas theme 🎄 Rolling with laughter

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Maybe Laughing

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

jimbg wrote:
    You will not have time for jokes when you finally get this car! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Just over 7 weeks till it arrives. Roll on March 1st. It's been a long wait as last one was scheduled for March 1st pick up last year, but that was nearly 7 weeks late. Been a long year I can tell you. I just hope by now that the early issues have been ironed out fingers crossed.
    You know how the old saying goes, the best things come too those who wait. Heres hoping!!! Rolling Eyes
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Fingers crossed you get a good one this time. Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Cheers Jim Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum