Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

My gps on the car dropped out a few times last week, reminded me of back in the day when we built our own kit with a laptop a gps receiver and Garmin Nroute. You could wait for a while for it to 'lock on', when it did it would straight line you from its last received position.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Same here at the moment, must be bad weather in the Cloud!! Thumbs Up
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Mine did it on Saturday and one of my trips was not available for a while that said when it did appear the route was correct, Now this mornings trip to work is missing nearly an hour after I arrived.

Very odd

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Mine has been giving me no status updates for over a week a few hours after engine off. If I can’t get updates can InControl Secure vehicle tracking?? Will they or I know if it’s stolen or broken into? If the D5 is not contactable how will it notify me if or when I get an alarm trigger ?

My D5 according to LR Route Planner my car is in Basingstoke right now. According to my eyes it’s outsode my house 140 miles away.

Remote app shows it at home.

Why can’t LR get this Censored thing right with their software ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Ctr-Alt-Del ? The manual has the usual caveats

Quote:
    GPS signals may occasionally be interrupted due to physical barriers, such as roads under raised carriageways and tunnels.

However, direction and speed sensors on the vehicle minimise any adverse effect on the navigation system. Normal operation resumes once the obstruction has been passed.

Under certain conditions, it is possible for the vehicle's position shown on the screen to be incorrect. Incorrect vehicle positioning may happen when:

Driving on a spiral ramp in a building.

Driving on or beneath elevated roads.

Driving between tall buildings.

Two roads are close and parallel.

The vehicle is transported to another location.

The vehicle has been rotated on a turntable.

The vehicle's battery has been disconnected.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

My car is still in Bristol from my last time I used the st nav before Christmas.

Needless to say I have been back in Devon since Christams Eve, but have not used the sat nav.

They seem to being having a problem at the moment.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

They always see to have issue with this. My car is sag with clear line of sight to the whole fricking sky and has good Vodafone signal (the provider LR use for the embedded telematics SIM).

So should be highly visible.

My D5 seems uncontactable by Remote after a few hours. System isn’t supposed to sleep until 4 days. They have a wake up timer in the Remote app you can set to wake up the system if you need it active behind this time.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Route Planner STILL fooked !!

Not useful route planning when your car isn’t where you are !! Rolling Eyes

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Just asked my planner to take me to Leeds and it worked OK. Have you cleared your history by hitting that X top right of the screen?

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Issue isn’t Planner not planning routes and syncing it to the car but that my car is hardly ever where the Planner app thinks it is as per the map.

If I use the app to plan a route it’s start point isn’t where the car actually is. Sometimes it’s still in Basingstoke at the office when I’m back home. Currently it’s apparently 12 miles away from my location but due to my amazing eyesight I can see it outside in the street Confused

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum