Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Flatcoat
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Door Lock Covers Loose

Not sure if it is due to the colder weather, but both my drivers side and passenger side door lock covers keep popping off with the power washer.....!

I have seen on “disco5forums” this has been a topic and the conclusion was that dealers have been replacing the loose ones FOC under warranty. However, there can be the usual fight to get the dealer to agree to this.....

Any others experiencing the same and warranty replacement successes.?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Funny I noticed today the covers appeared looser than normal but have not come off as yet

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Mine was in for this, they were going to replace the covers but managed to sort it somehow (probably blue tack on the inside of the cover Whistle )
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Mine popped off today while having the car washed. It does appear to be loose fit.
  • Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

I’ve lost the passenger one twice in the local car wash. They keep a box of them that they fish out of the car wash every day. I had a choice of about 6 colours! Every one was from a D5. This isn’t a random issue - it’s a design fault.

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

Mines the same, I heated them up with a hairdryer, squeezed them a bit to bring the lugs in, put them back on and they have stayed on so far.

Was speaking to someone with access to more than one D5 yesterday and they have all been the same.

S
  • Flatcoat
    Scotland 

Took the car in for a pre-service agreement for purchase under warranty. No issue under warranty and I think they even change the lock to door seal (we will see).

Didn’t have to show them my car as the used D5 they had for sale popped off in my hand as an example. Best order 4 not 2 Laughing
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Same issue on the DS too. My D5’s are lose too.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

The passenger side cover is loose on mine. I had a really close look and it seems that the plate that holds the cover is damaged. There seems to be a "pip" missing at the bottom of the plate. The plate looks as if the bottom has been broken or mal-formed when molded.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Flatcoat
    Scotland 

Got mine replaced last week under warranty.

It was the dealers second attempt as first time they ordered 2x Driver’s covers instead of one of each. Easy mistake to make...... Rolling with laughter

However, I think they got the colour slightly wrong......
  • Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

How bad is that? Are their eyes painted on?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I never realised there was another orange choice, apart from Namib Orange. Shocked

Maybe they were wearing shades as the orange paint is so intense Cool Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum