Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Yes will definately post up the results. Cars in next Friday (June 1st).

Yes we have a MY18 as well. The popping noises only started last week after the sensors wiring harness was reconnected.

The AEB does go on when you select it, but the white dot disappears 1 second after. Showed this too the mechanic and he said that's not right and car needs too come in. He also witnessed the popping sounds when the car was put into reverse.

The forward detection and AEB I put down too the sensors not working, as I know that the AEB works off the 2 cameras at the sides of the rear view mirror, but wasn't sure if the sensors had anything too do with it and the forward detection?

(I do believe there is a radar system at the front of the car so am not sure if this will affect it. I think it's got something too do with lane assist from memory)?

Hopefully sorted on Friday. I just hope these visits are not going too be a regular occurrence Sad
  • Labbix

It’s like you describe what’s going on with my car, it’s exactly the same and was handed over to me like that. With a brand new car you would think that LR would have had its things sorted out. I was hoping it’s a software thing, but my dealer already updated to no avail, than contacted the importer who does not reply (since 2 weeks as mentioned earlier). So I’m wondering if they know what’s going on... I do get more and more the feeling it’s not the case and am starting to wonder if they actually really care as there are just too many glitches with the D5 for my liking. Our D4 was faultless and we did some amazing things with it in Southern Africa, not sure if I would risk to do the same with this D5, as it seems you better not venture out to far from a dealer.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well the car was fault free minus the parking sensor issues, from day one. (Forgot too reconnect the wiring loom after the bumper was taken off for fitting the tow bar).

Its a peach of an engine, and the rest of the car I can't fault apart from the few niggles, but the popping noises are annoying.

I just assumed forward detection had something too do with the sensors as everything is connected together. If you pull the plug out of one thing it will shut down several other things as alot of stuff is daisychained together.

Obviously on hand over there is only so much you can check. Main thing we checked was body work for dents or scratches etc. It would take ages too check all the settings individually. I did check the cameras were working fine which they were. Stuff like sensors ect I never thought about checking as you would assume they work fine, as come as standard with the car. Also checked all the extras we ordered like the cooler box, TV, dual view and checked external accessories were all there. Initially messed up order as gave me a fixed sunroof not an electric one and a deployable towbar as opposed too a fixed one, and a black interior when we specified a cream one. Luckily i noticed 1 day before order lockdown and it was rectified, even though I emailed the dealer and spoke for an hour on the phone ensuring all was ordered correctly a few days before. (Issue with the builder as was defaulting too black interior when ordering a cream one, with the Dynamic Pack).

Yes, well you can't exactly test the AEB in the showroom, plus alot of the functions had been switched of when car was handed over. I would have thought that the PDI would have picked up on the AEB issue. First thing the person who I was talking too said is your windscreen dirty? I said I can't even get it too switch on.

Incidentally the AEB works fine on my car.

Mind you the FE we had last year the only thing that worked properly were the sensors. Issues with having no cameras or only black and white images.

Heres hoping the forward traffic detection is linked too the AEB. Mind you both the forward traffic and rear traffic detection are both switched on in in the settings and the white dot stays on unlike the AEB. Like I said last night the forward traffic detection may be a false positive as it beeps and the icon comes up on the infotainment system. It's like the TV sometimes comes up with a not available message even though it's running in the background.It's a mystery Confused

Just away too wash car again. Will be alot easier when the car finally gets its detail and glaze in 2 weeks time. Already had too cancel it due too getting the sensors sorted as no courtesy car was available 3 weeks ago. Can't wait as will make life alot easier Smile
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Car was taken too the garage this morning too sort the issue with the AEB and the popping / crackling sounds from the reverse parking sensors, and the No Front Detection Available warning sorted, even though this seems too be working as giving an audio and visual display on the infotainment system ??

Hopefully get it back tonight as was told possibly software issues. Rolling Eyes

(Got an evoque 18 plate with only 120 miles on the clock. Nice too have a fresh smelling courtesy car for a change, which is not full of mud, dog hairs and the smell of wet dog. Yuck !!) Mr. Green

Ride is a bit harsh, but i suppose you pay for quality, and its alot more car like too drive than the D5 is. Smile
  • Labbix

So, mine was/still is in since Wednesday for the same issues as above, got a phone call this afternoon; they tried everything to no avail, now they have escalated it with the importer who decided to chance cameras and radars, at least that’s what I was told.

Road Runner, if yours would be fixed, please explain how/what they did, so I can inform my dealer...

Good luck!
  • Labbix

They just gave me some more info; their computer found multiple errors on the incontrol touch pro (probably the reason why my WiFi/hotspot isn’t working) as well. So the importer will be contacted again to have the whole unit replaced.

Strange to me as the other new D5 we tested and even the new RR sports at the dealer all had the same issues...
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Labbix wrote:
    So, mine was/still is in since Wednesday for the same issues as above, got a phone call this afternoon; they tried everything to no avail, now they have escalated it with the importer who decided to chance cameras and radars, at least that’s what I was told.

Road Runner, if yours would be fixed, please explain how/what they did, so I can inform my dealer...

Good luck!

I will do Labbix, as long as your line my palms with silver Laughing

I think pickup is tomorrow so will see what the mechanics had too say about it Thumbs Up
  • Labbix

I didn’t know the phrase, so googled it: ‘This phrase alludes to the old practice of placing silver coins across a gypsy fortuneteller's hand before having one's fortune told.‘
    As long as fortune tellers are involved all of our cars will be good Wink
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I thought I would start a kitty for all the problems the owners are suffering Rolling with laughter

Joking aside, on a more serious note, the car was picked up yesterday morning. Mrs took it too the shops and no problems with the sensors. No cracking or popping sounds Smile

No TV available message also sorted with the update.

2 x updates were applied, namely the phase/stage 3 module and the IMC module.

With regards too the AEB they cannot figure out how too get it working again, so cars got too be rebooked in and may be in for a few days.

Garage is getting in touch with LR Direct too set up a technical case. They thought was also related too the software update, which it clearly was not and cannot figure out how too sort it.

Still getting a No forward detection message which I think is also connected too the AEB Rolling Eyes

I hope this helps Labbix Sad
  • Labbix

So, it seems a more general thing that nor your dealer or mine understands and both made a technical case of it...

But at least your other items were sorted.

Wonder if with the other people on this forum their car does actually work, meaning for the AEB and forward detection?
  • RB
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Hi Labbix, in response to your question, yes both systems are working fine for me (for the moment at least )

From what I can tell both the systems depend on the cameras either side of the interior mirror, so I would be pointing the finger in that direction. But you would expect the dealers to be able to resolve these problems or at least give you a reasonable explanation why they can't resolve it and have had to refer to JLR!

Rob

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Labbix

Thank you RR and RB for the info, my car will get new cameras and incontrol pro modules, but no idea when... will keep you posted.

Discovered this evening that with all the updates the activity key is not working anymore... Will check manual tomorrow to have it reprogrammed, hopefully this shouldn’t be done at the dealer as it’s an hour drive away.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

No probs Labbix, glad I have been of some help.

Well I assume it's not a common issue, hence getting LR Direct involved. I just hope they remembered too plug in the wiring harness, as like the sensors the icon illuminated for a second and then went off, just like when selecting the AEB Sad

Surely this was checked when carrying out the PDI ?

Am starting too wonder if they are just ticking all the boxes in a rush, before their tea breaks? Rolling Eyes

Yes keep us updated with your progress and fingers crossed it gets sorted. Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Fitted these tonight only took 5 mins.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • RB
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

We need a pic of them installed pls

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum