Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Put some photos on Thumbs Up

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I will do tomorrow if it's not raining which it's forecast too Rolling Eyes
    Was quite dark when Mrs got back this evening. She took my car today as I was working on hers, and I forgot too take my phone out this afternoon, hence no photos Sad
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Drive Friday m Kent to Birmingham with 6 adults for Darren ghettos 18th birthday celebration complete with luggage for weekend
    Steady 70 mpg on cruise control returned 36.7 on car dash and 36.4 real time happy with that😀

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Thought about cleaning it again since I gave it a good clean last Wednesday, however looking at it I was amazed that it still looks nice and clean!

....Might just give it another wash to make sure! Very Happy

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Waved it goodbye on the back of recovery truck... Evil or Very Mad

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

WTF happened ?? Shocked
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Sorry just read your other post RE coolant Sad
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Finally downloaded. Tried emailing Martin on the forum but when attaching the photos it was showing up as a blank image. Had to take a photo of the photo and it finally worked. For this reason the photos are smaller than usual. Think its the memory card in the phone which is corrupted Rolling Eyes

Ignore the orange reflection on the badges as its the case on the back of the phone. They are black and silver not black and tan Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Dropped the car off at the local dealers, first thing this morning.

Courtesy car is a Disco Sport - a bit of a come down too say the least. Not a patch on the D5 interior wise, Feels like back in the FL2 again Laughing

Just received a video and car been given a clean bill of health. No leaks, weeps or seeps from any of the seals/components underneath.

Just awaiting a diagnosis of why the sensors are not functioning correctly ??

Will be interested too find out the cause, as the dealer we purchased it from has assured me that all checks/ updates were carried out prior too delivery.

Will update after cars been picked up tonight fingers crossed .
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Hi Road Runner,

what sensors are you having issues with? I had problems with the interior Alarm sensors, but they seem to have sorted themselves out on there own!?

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Its the front rear and side sensors. Nothing beeps at all Sad

Having too rely on the surround cameras.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Ahh I see.

I've always had 'funnies' with the reversing cameras and sensors, sometimes they come on, sometimes they don't! If i'm towing and want to view the side cameras when reversing, i'll select them and after 10-20 seconds the camera changes to just the rear one... very weird.

And this crap about sticking a triangle on your trailer to help with the reversing, thats ruined the concept.When I had the MY17 HSE, it was much simpler.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Picked up the car this morning.

After driving the 67 plate Disco Sport with 8k on the clock, on 18 inch Scorpion Pirelli tyres, I can truly say that the ride was as rough as a badgers Censored. Only did 15 miles in town driving it. Interior cheap plastics and other materials are no where near the D5 quality.

What a difference jumping into the D5 which has the same brand of tyres albeit it 22's. So much more refined in all aspects, especially the ride quality. Not sure if it was the diesel engine, or the tyres, but was a noisy ride.
    In saying that a D5 with 20's v 22's does have a smoother ride. Am just glad we never bought a new one, and instead waiting a year for the D5 too be released.

Then I got an alert during the night and a phone call from the tracker people saying my car was being tampered with.

Well at least I know it's working fine Laughing

P.s. I agree with the triangle 🔺 thing Rolling Eyes
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Took the car into the garage first thing this morning too get a second opinion on the 3 issues the car has got.

Loud cracking and popping noises when the cars sensors are engaged, both front and rear.

Inability too switch on the AEB.

The message saying forward detection unavailable.

However, am hoping this is a false positive, as both forward and reverse detection has been switched on, and am also getting an audio and visual alert on the infotainment system ?

Strange one that Shocked

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 27th May 2018 8:33 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Labbix

Ok, let’s us know, as apart from the noise I still have the same: AEB not able to switch on and forward assist not working. Mine is my2108, dealer has no idea and importer does not react (since two weeks), was from day 1 I got the car... same issue with the other brand new D5 and LR sports we (salesman and I) checked at the dealers place.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum