Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

I don't disagree that it might be irritating , but I'm not sure what that has to do with danger. Smile Is it law in the US for cameras and PDC ? ...what did you do before them?

It is quite clear in the LR documentation that they are there to aid you ...not to take the place of your control and it is up to the driver to be sure before maneuvering. Smile
  • davidls
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

DG wrote:
    AFAIR You have to set the front one's to 'Auto' for them to detect anything

Thanks DG, that’s a whole menu I didn’t know existed! I should really read the manual Rolling Eyes
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Backup cameras are mandated under US law.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Yep fairplay ..but only since last month and it's not retrospective so it would be interesting to see what they say. Doesn't a bike rack impede the camera or the sensors though?
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Yes, bike rack impedes sensors, but enough functionality remains from camera to be useful. At the end of the day, if one is viewing the camera whilst backing up, is it a safety issue for the vehicle to unexpectedly switch away from the camera view to another screen? I happen to think it is, does anyone else own a vehicle from a different manufacturer with equivalent camera and pdc systems, does your vehicle switch screens unexpectedly? I will report results next week when I go in for my first service, as to software update service manager mentioned.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

simonh wrote:

I think you nailed it Rich. The screen indeed displays the PDC panel and the tapping the camera icon switches to camera view.

If mine did that I would be less concerned, but touching the camera icon does absolutely sweet FA
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Mine does but then I only have the rear view camera. I see the same issue as you 360 camera owners.

Hopefully Phase 4 will fix it.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Labbix

I have a 2016 VW Passat as well with 360 cameras and front and back assistance. All works perfectly since the start, as does the infotainment system, internet, hotspot and Google earth as navigation... Unfortunately my dear wife found the Q7 too small (the boot with 7 seats up), and I didn’t want a 4 cylinder, so no XC90. As our D4 was her favorite, she wanted the D5... good for off road, but for everything else I would prefer the German brands as they just work and have Apple CarPlay. Next iPhones will be able to show waze and google maps on the car screens as well. Why o why is JLR so bad in its software, a big shame.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Well since the Phase 4 update this has not happened again.

Only reversed a half a dozen times so far, but fingers crossed!! Whistle
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum