Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

achichon wrote:
    Thanks guys.

I will keep looking into it & most importantly at the options available when the plug it into the JLR system see if there are things that can enabaled/disabled

Pretty sure LR will not allow anything once it leaves the factory to be added or enabled unless it’s an accessory that requires enablement.

I asked to have InControl Secure added to mine but they regained point blank to do this. As far as I know there are no third party systems available yet that can change CCF file settings to enable features yet either. Only the dealers systems and they would be VIN based in order to block any DIY feature adding. In your case being so close to the dealer they maybe able to get around this Whistle

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i can imagine that it won't be as simple as just plugin it in and ticking a box, but i'll look into it anyway lol

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

so i just came across this post in the Velar Forums... https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=850

apparently Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can be added via a software update ... IF this is the case i very much doubt that this will only be applicable to the Velar and RR's specially as when i was looking into MY18 Discovery i also came across the Smartphone Pack. Though they say it can't be retro fitted i wonder if this only means if the car doesn't have for example the Incontrol Pro hardware...

one can only dream for the moment this supposed update comes along... and that it works for us Sad

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Phase 5 will be here in around a month I am told for ICTP. Apparently LR have confidence that THIS version addresses nearly all the current issues. Maybe then they will allow us to have the long promised smartphone support?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

i wouldn't hold my breath tbh... lol

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Phase 4 works fine for me, I am going to stop upgrading now as all my camera problems are fixed.

Unless............................................................something amazing is there!! Whistle
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Well my media port audio connections don't work 99% of the time and my Nav crashes the whole system randomly. A Phase 5 would hopefully be a fix to these issues.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum