↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

How do they know? Isn't that what they said about Phase 4? Confused
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Exactly!!

If is has been issued then it should just work, with this track record there is no reason to believe that Phase 5 will be any more reliable.

It may be "better" in terms of potential functionality but that means nothing with JLR.

Unless Phase 5 is a complete re-write then it is really Phase 4 with more added uncertainty!! Rolling with laughter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Seems like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul.
    Fixes an old issue but messes up previously working functions Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Phase 4 has major re-writes under the hood (core software). It’s not just a new UI. I believe Phase 5 is a big bug fix for that Phase 4 re-write.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I've more issues cropping up. Last night the front display went blank and only came back after 3 restarts. Then the radio lost DAB and started to deploy the towbar whilst I was at some traffic lights!

Have talked to the lease company in-depth about the issues this morning and they are going to source a new car for me.

That all very well, but I feel for the people that can't do that - This should be sorted properly and until its passed stringent QA testing shouldn't be put out there!

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

jimbg wrote:
    Hauser wrote:
    jimbg wrote:
    Hauser wrote:
    :-/ Hmm that is weird.

Either it's an option with MY17 HSE Lux (which would really surprise me), or it's a bug in Phase 4...

Anyone with MY17 and/or Phase 4?

Thanks für your quick reply Labbix!

Greets,
    Hauser

I have a MY17 HSE and Phase 4 update:-

Hi,

thanks so much man!
    Do you know if you got the "air ionisation" option or some other climate option that is not standard on HSE models?

Greets,
    Hauser

I do have 4 zone air con, so I am not sure if it was part of that or was just standard on the UK HSE

Hi,

I just read that air ionisation option is available since MY18. So if you got it, you should have a MY18 Disco 5. Build year might be 2017, but MY must be 2018.

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

My car is a March 2017 HSE... Whistle
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Hmm.... That's weird...
    Only thing I can think of is that they put it in for MY17 in UK and MY18 in other countries...

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Unless it is part of 4 zone?
  • Labbix

I have 4 zone, but ionisation was an extra (not UK spec)
  • Labbix

And I suppose if you can see this and change temperatures separately you have 4 zone

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Oversensitive boot opening sensors ?

Not sure if this has anything to do with the phase 4 update, but i was able to open the boot whilst using the powerwasher today? Never ever happened before.
    I was getting rid of all the soapy suds from under the rear bumper, and rinsing the spare wheel.
    Was like wtf is going on as key was in my breast pocket and was impossible to press the buttons. Never even dawned on me that we had the boot function as always use internal button for opening the boot. When we first picked up the car I did the kicking motion but it never worked so I assumed we never had it.
    However now all it takes is 1 kick standing at right angles to the boot and hey presto it works flawlessly first time, every time, on both sides when opening and closing.
    Only thing am curious about is that if you DONT have the autodoor locking function switched on which activates at 5 mph, (which we have engaged), could the boot open if your driving on a rainy day, from all the water sprayed onto the sensors from the rear tyres? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 12th Aug 2018 6:16 pm. Edited 2 times in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Reason I did not take this function is that, with my other car, when the kids pass at the back of the car it opens and kicks them in the face. Never had it opening because of the rain though
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Surely it would only open if the kids had car keys in their pockets?

The feature was standard on the FE, so I assume is standard on the Hse Lux, as we never specced it.

Am sure was a post on here a while ago, that their boot opened whilst driving.

• Labbix

Or when you are somewhere next to the car, but the kids are quicker to get to the back;)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum