Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thanks for the info Trevorb1 Thumbs Up
    (Like I said I wasn't sure if LR logged all the extras that we had ordered on the car, against the vin plate or not).
    Well someone somewhere has cocked up.
    Luckily never had to replace a windscreen in my life on either of the cars so this is new territory.
    I will check on Topix and see what it says.
    Excess was £95 and took 2.5 hours roughly to fit
    I will post my findings shortly Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Drove 1,180 km’s back from four weeks away down south. The D3 was comfortable....then the D4 was better but the D5 is more comfortable again. And the juvenile in me always likes the supercharged engine when it comes to clearing the traffic after the French toll booths Twisted Evil

And I won’t complain at 10.3 liters per 100 km average consumption Thumbs Up

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Father/Son Camping outside Crested Butte, Colorado

And plenty of wheeling. Water crossings, muddy ruts, mining roads, and bumped into a few other Disco's too. Well, not literally....

• stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

First day back at the office today...And curbed the front passenger wheel entering the garage Big Cry A nice chunk of rubber now sitting elsewhere means I need to get a new tyre Big Cry

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • Alski
    Northern Ireland 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Silicon Silver

New tyres for me

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Just away to get the screen replaced again. LR sent the wrong one out again, and seems they never updated the details against the Vin plate.
    Changing the plates over as well today after washing it. Photos will follow. Shortened both plates Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Having had a velar d240 for 2 weeks on loans, finally returned it and collected my D5

In many ways I prefer the velar.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Shortened both plates Thumbs Up

Am intrigued to see what you've done... Please post!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Windscreen replacement photos

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 8th Sep 2018 10:47 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Finally hardwiring both dash cams as new screen just fitted. No leaks thankfully. Speed camera detector also getting hardwired. Not a fan of messy cables as just been using the cigarette lighters for power initially. Photos will follow when done.

• achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Re: Windscreen replacement photos

holly Censored all that to replace a wind shield!?!?

Unnecessary quote removed

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Labbix

RR, good luck with the hard wiring, am waiting for your pics to do it in my car (and once I’m sure I’ll keep or reject it of course)!

Is a speed detector legal?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Achichon, it's not a 5 minute job unfortunately.
    Took 2.5 hours both times.
    Rear view mirror and cameras removed.
    Wipers removed. Heated screen connectors removed.
    Outer panels on the sides of the windscreen removed.
    Inner panels on the sides of the windscreen, which house the air bags also removed.
    Then the fancy machine with the red fish line cuts through the glue. Was impressed at how it worked.
    Then after fitting new screen the bits that were removed were then replaced.
    Finally cameras were calibrated and car was taken for a short drive. I presume to check if nothing else had malfunctioned like the lane assist etc.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Labbix wrote:
    RR, good luck with the hard wiring, am waiting for your pics to do it in my car (and once I’m sure I’ll keep or reject it of course)!

Is a speed detector legal?

Labbix the hard wiring was straight forward, as was running the power cable from the front camera to the rear one. Just a matter of using the plastic tool provided to push the wire between the panels. Never took any panels off thankfully. Just a case of pulling the rubber seals down a bit and running the cable along the length of the car.

Yes will put photos up tomorrow as I never realised the fuses were micro ones and not mini ones. I had a few spare piggy back fuses, but never realised the car has smaller ones. Looks like another Halfords trip tomorrow to get them.

With regards to the Speed camera detector they are total 100% legal in the U.K.

Only thing that is illegal are the laser gun jammers which prevents Plod getting a reading on his device.

In France where they are illegal, they will make you crush your detector by putting it under your wheels. Along with a £1000 fine I think and possibly impound your car. Sad

Are they legal in Albania?

Luckily I never had issues in France when I used the detector Whistle

• Imbaw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Yulong White

Used the tow bar...

...to bring home a tool to help me wash the roof on the Discovery.

18MY Yulong White HSE
    I may be a while
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum