Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Just had my phase 4 installed

At least the reversing camera works as it should now.

Miss the digital dash and multi screens in my loan velar
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

rogersmj wrote:
    I've more issues cropping up. Last night the front display went blank and only came back after 3 restarts. Then the radio lost DAB and started to deploy the towbar whilst I was at some traffic lights!

Have talked to the lease company in-depth about the issues this morning and they are going to source a new car for me.

That all very well, but I feel for the people that can't do that - This should be sorted properly and until its passed stringent QA testing shouldn't be put out there!

So picking up a replacement car tomorrow as mine has been rejected and sent back to Land Rover, same spec as my current one, however hopefully the software onboard works better! Not sure if this new one will have Phase 4, but we will see.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Anyone know what SSM74029 - Infotainment InControl Touch Pro Updates Pathfinder is ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DISCOFVR
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Fuji White

rogersmj wrote:
    rogersmj wrote:
    I've more issues cropping up. Last night the front display went blank and only came back after 3 restarts. Then the radio lost DAB and started to deploy the towbar whilst I was at some traffic lights!

Have talked to the lease company in-depth about the issues this morning and they are going to source a new car for me.

That all very well, but I feel for the people that can't do that - This should be sorted properly and until its passed stringent QA testing shouldn't be put out there!

So picking up a replacement car tomorrow as mine has been rejected and sent back to Land Rover, same spec as my current one, however hopefully the software onboard works better! Not sure if this new one will have Phase 4, but we will see.

How’d you get your car replaced? I’ve has so much trouble with mine it is ridiculous.
  • Labbix

USB’s not recognized anymore, so no music and rear media not available, so no movies for the kids. Brilliant family and travel car (oh yes, still waiting for the new fridge, as that one didn’t work neither and the massage for the driver seat makes now special noises as well, like being blocked or so).

Went in to have the ‘latest updates’, and this TWICE, still not having the latest update and still half of the infotainment not working. Probably tomorrow the day nav dies as well.

What a crappy software JLR has sold us/is still selling...
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

18C Installed - Android Auto user

Had mine updated to 18C + Smartphone Pack free of charge today. Took about 2.5 hours. While I was waiting, I test drove an I-Pace...and that thing is "beam me up Scotty" quick. I've never driven a pure EV before, and the sensation of speed is amazing. And dangerous - in most performance vehicles, you get a sense of how fast you're going from the engine tone and your eyeballs observing the world around you - but with EVs they're silent, so the buildup of speed is a bit disorienting. The sales guy had me take it gently to 30mph, then drop the hammer...and like that, I was at 80. Wow.

Anyway, the Smartphone Pack is brilliant. The only beef is that Android Auto doesn't support native scaling, so even with 1080p support enabled in the developer options, it leaves the edges of the screen unoccupied. Hopefully Google fixes that soon.

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

[thumbs up]
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum